Why do people hate Dis?

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Why do people hate Dis?

Postby Avu » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:04 am

Jacobian123 wrote:tl;dr nobody generally likes large factions because they're usually assholes (see: AD, Dis, Sodom, Constantinople, Goonswarm, etc. in previous worlds.) Nice to very specific people, but when they get bored they go and pillage random places for funzies.

One knows you're talking out of your ass when you mention Constantinople as a large faction. It wasn't even a faction... And sure Sodom had it's share of assholness but it was the exception rather than the norm. And Sodom never ever raided purely out of boredom.

As for respecting the hue hue factions let's not get ahead of ourselves people just hate them less, same way you can't hate a retarded kid as much as someone actively and efficiently being evil.
"Since all men count themselves righteous, and since
no righteous man raises his hand against the innocent,
a man need only strike another to make him evil."
Avu

Postby Robben_DuMarsch » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:50 am

Why make an excuse for the larger groups?
It's entirely possible to be a competitive faction/city without committing bad acts.

The fact that a majority of them act poorly does not justify the acts.
Robben_DuMarsch

Postby KappaFighter » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:33 pm

Personally i don't like Dis because they have Ozzy... Polish man who thinks that he is the best ;/
i saw his posts on the other forum ;/
KappaFighter

Postby DeadlyPencil » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:04 pm

clefa221 wrote:I mean, really, they're the only realm that I've seen out there that actually give bonuses, yet never the less, people always talk down about them.

This might be stating the obvious but I don't know how much you know about the game... but the kingdom of DIS us run by the village of DIS. DIS is a bad village, they are not nice people, they have people in their village who will kill you for fun just like AD village/kingdom would have.

Being under their kingdom might have more benefits than other kingdoms but if you consider yourself a "nice" or "peaceful" player/village do you really want to be helping them? even if you don't actively help, you are still feeding them XP that they can use on state funerals, digging wells and contesting other villages cairns
DeadlyPencil

Postby Teleskop » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:11 pm

KappaFighter wrote:Personally i don't like Dis because they have Ozzy... Polish man who thinks that he is the best ;/
i saw his posts on the other forum ;/

yeah hes still thinking hes better than me
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby LadyGoo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:39 pm

they have people in their village who will kill you for fun

We do not do the noob hunts since the world start. AD are notorious for pretending to be us while killing the noobs as well. You can get some evidence of them getting kills by doing that in the Moot.

Also, propaganda in this thread is strong. All the negative posters are our rivals/enemies. Point any of them and I will tell you why any of them is biased and interested in our project to fail. :) Similar to what they were saying when we have started the community market in W8: Dis are raiders, Dis are bad, don't trade with them and etc. While barely any of them actually done stuff to support community projects or the noobs. Moreover, been pillaging the said projects done by neutral players as well. The Cat Tavern on the north-east, Stya's (market owner on the south) village and etc.

As for the exp gain, we could just destroy all the statues, cover the people, and get 2-3 times more authority per day (what AD was doing). Instead, we're increasing the bonuses, wasting time and resources on them.
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby dafels » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:42 pm

nah, you're protecting siberia who were killing everyone on sight we even tracked few of them down and they paid for their crimes
the koreans were killing people aswell and they paid for their crimes too
and we had tracked many others from killed noobs by your faction

all you post is bullshit to make yourself look better
dafels

Postby Kaios » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:42 pm

LadyGoo wrote:Also, propaganda in this thread is strong. All the negative posters are our rivals/enemies. Point any of them and I will tell you why any of them is biased and interested in our project to fail. :) Similar to what they were saying when we have started the community market in W8: Dis are raiders, Dis are bad, don't trade with them and etc. While barely any of them actually done stuff to support community projects or the noobs.

The person you're responding to has been a peaceful hermit since he started playing this game and since that time has only been friendly and helpful to every single player he meets and you're trying to call what he's saying propaganda? Get off your fucking high horse, you're the most annoying person I've ever had the displeasure of associating with, not just in this game but probably of all the people I've associated with in real life too.
Kaios

Postby LadyGoo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:47 pm

Kaios wrote:The person you're responding to has been a peaceful hermit since he started playing this game and since that time has only been friendly and helpful to every single player he meets and you're trying to call what he's saying propaganda?
He clearly has no clue of what we are doing atm. That hermit has been noted in shit-talking against us previously as well. :D
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby Kaios » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:49 pm

I live all the way in Canada and the air of pretentiousness that surrounds you hits me hard enough to knock me out every time we speak
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot