How did they get in....

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: How did they get in....

Postby tugmyr » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:09 pm

Kaios wrote:
tugmyr wrote:I'm a man of enterprise and a hoarding addict so I feel it would be a shame to let all those goodies just sit around doing nothing for weeks at a time. I'd do it again too.

What were you going to do with the stuff anyways that the other guy didn't plan on doing?

And if he was your friend and you guys both had keys/claim access I don't understand why you would need to steal everything if you had access to anything if you get what I mean by that.

1) I'm greedy. It's not that I wanted OP to have no goodies for himself, but rather I couldn't control my insatiable lust for stuff. In my head I had dozens of plans on what to do with the loot and I could start acting upon those plans as soon as it was back home. At the time it seemed a better option than "Maybe OP will get on sometime this week and I can grab a few things then." This was bad and I'm sorry.

2) OP's claim is hella far away from mine. I happened to be in the area, one thing led to another and before I knew it, BAM, I'd stolen my buddies goodies.

To reiterate, I was pretty sloshed at the time and my dark desire to have all of the nicest things within an arms reach stewed up from my dark pit of a soul. For this I am very sorry :cry: . I'll never drink and loot again for now.
tugmyr

Postby Namsy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:14 pm

tugmyr wrote:
Kaios wrote:
tugmyr wrote:I'm a man of enterprise and a hoarding addict so I feel it would be a shame to let all those goodies just sit around doing nothing for weeks at a time. I'd do it again too.

What were you going to do with the stuff anyways that the other guy didn't plan on doing?

And if he was your friend and you guys both had keys/claim access I don't understand why you would need to steal everything if you had access to anything if you get what I mean by that.

1) I'm greedy. It's not that I wanted OP to have no goodies for himself, but rather I couldn't control my insatiable lust for stuff. In my head I had dozens of plans on what to do with the loot and I could start acting upon those plans as soon as it was back home. At the time it seemed a better option than "Maybe OP will get on sometime this week and I can grab a few things then." This was bad and I'm sorry.

2) OP's claim is hella far away from mine. I happened to be in the area, one thing led to another and before I knew it, BAM, I'd stolen my buddies goodies.

To reiterate, I was pretty sloshed at the time and my dark desire to have all of the nicest things within an arms reach stewed up from my dark pit of a soul. For this I am very sorry :cry: . I'll never drink and loot again for now.

Drown your char. Let him watch.
Namsy

Postby Kaios » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:15 pm

Well I mean the dude admitted in the first post that it wasn't his stuff or place either until he had taken it over so it wasn't really that big of a loss for him to lose things that he never had to put effort towards making in the first place.

I just thought it was strange to "steal" from a place you had access at and could have just asked for some things instead. Better to have an unlimited supply of things through a person that helps you rather than a finite supply after you take their shit and they quit.
Kaios

Postby tugmyr » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:30 pm

Namsy wrote:Drown your char. Let him watch.

Well a nidbane fucked me to death shortly after so...

Kaios wrote:Well I mean the dude admitted in the first post that it wasn't his stuff or place either until he had taken it over so it wasn't really that big of a loss for him to lose things that he never had to put effort towards making in the first place.

I just thought it was strange to "steal" from a place you had access at and could have just asked for some things instead. Better to have an unlimited supply of things through a person that helps you rather than a finite supply after you take their shit and they quit.

I considered that. But with the whole rarely-logging-in thing going on, it seemed economically smart to not just hope for help when I could easily help myself to what was already there. Moral of the story, don't give me your keys.
tugmyr

Postby Kaios » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:15 pm

tugmyr wrote:Moral of the story, don't give me your keys.

If that's the only lesson you've taken from this then you don't deserve to have friends in this game anyways
Kaios

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:44 pm

tugmyr wrote: it seemed economically smart to not just hope for help when I could easily help myself to what was already there.

I would disagree on this.

First of all, it is technically yours and you have free access to it so all you did by "stealing" is just exclusion of the property from your partner so that is actually a very low net gain.

Second, by this act, you pretty much burned the bridge with your partner which is one less person to associate with (unless it is that your intention).

Finally, all of this is for nothing because you got nidbaned. If you are going to play a pragmatic style, at least learn the mechanics of the game better, otherwise you are pretty much a hamster on a wheel running with no progress.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Previous

Return to The Moot