Víðarrheim Abbey (Kingdom of Víðarrheim)

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Víðarrheim Abbey (Kingdom of Víðarrheim)

Postby Jacobian123 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:50 pm

Welcome Newcomer

I am Ancaladar, head of Víðarrheim Abbey. (Insert shamless edited copy from old topic:)

Víðarrheim Abbey is a sociable and approachable settlement located atop a rugged island.
It is a quiet location with active residents that indulge in cloistered living.

Whether you're new, well-adjusted, or a veteran yourself, we know there is a place for you in Víðarrheim.

ImageThe mission of Víðarrheim Abbey is to orient, equip, and set loose the newest faces in the Hearthlands.
Life at Víðarrheim Abbey is multi-faceted and suitable for some, but we can't guarantee it will be to every person's liking.

ImageIf you want to stay with Víðarrheim, there are numerous roles and objectives to fulfill at the Abbey!

Indeed, Víðarrheim Abbey is a local supplier of agricultural goods. What we don't use to sustain ourselves, we sell at fair prices to the surrounding communities.

If these sorts of activities interest you, inspect the roles below—life at Víðarrheim Abbey might be for you.

Acolyte
Image As an acolyte in the abbey, you will discover what you want to do in and around Víðarrheim.
You may not yet own land, but may possess private storage and access to some amenities.
You will receive special attention from instructors around Víðarrheim Abbey.
Your routine around the Abbey is that of a learner.

When you are comfortable with your knowledge, you may choose a path described below.

Villager
ImageAs a villager, you have decided that you want to live in the village. You are devoted to helping your community.
Your routine revolves around the trade of your choice. You may choose to aid a primary production.
You may also decide to spearhead other productions, for which we may gather to build an infrastructure.

Yeoman
ImageAs a yeoman, you are quintessentially a citizen as might be expected in other villages.
You may own land, and little is expected from you. To most communal locations, you are a guest.
Your routine revolves around the furthering of your personal goals. You colonize around the Abbey,
not for communal living, but for the protection from its huscarls and the company from its people.

Steward
ImageAs a steward, you are a civic leader at Víðarrheim Abbey. Your role is primarily that of a merchant.
You handle the import and export of goods to the Abbey. Additionally, you may oversee certain productions.
The tools available to you include the ability to oath newcomers, banish troublemakers, and claim land.

Huscarl
ImageAs a huscarl of Víðarrheim, you are a protector. With your oath, you are held to a higher standard.
In conflicts, you take the high road. You do not lower yourself to holding grudges and feuding.
Your interests are in the safety of the community in and around Víðarrheim Abbey, and as such,
you will be trained, fed, and equipped with the resources to settle conflicts.

Thane
ImageAs a thane, you are a military leader at Víðarrheim Abbey. You earned this role as being an exemplary huscarl.
You can rally your huscarls preceding, during, and after conflicts. You're an advocate for the Abbey's interests.
Tools available to you are the ability to oath newcomers, banish troublemakers, and claim land.

Víðarrheim Abbey is meant to be a great place, and you do what you can to make it so.

Milestones

Below are several goals, each of which we tackle as a community.

• Accept 10 newcomers.
Create sketchbook designs for ranks & achievements in Víðarrheim. Done.
• Create & stock the Víðarrheim marketplace.
• Create fair rules for all residents.

How to Join

You can,
A. Give me a PM, or
B. make a reply to this thread.

Your message should describe your interest in joining Víðarrheim Abbey.
I will reply with more precise information on how to join.

Depending on how you want to join—with a new character or an existing one, steps to joining will be different.

Thanks for your interest, and good luck!
Last edited by Jacobian123 on Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Re: Víðarrheim Abbey 3.0

Postby Ysh » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:53 pm

Jacobian123 wrote:W9 - Leader of Oakheart

:?:
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Jacobian123 » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:00 am

Ysh wrote:

I fixed it, happy?
W3-W8 - Hermit

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby Ysh » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:05 am

Jacobian123 wrote:
Ysh wrote:

I fixed it, happy?

A bit. What has happen to Oakheart and Abbey 2.0?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby AbsK » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:29 am

Ysh wrote: What has happen to Oakheart and Abbey 2.0?

Oakheart has become something of a new player housing area. Abbey 2.0 has been replaced with 3.0 as I was impressed with Jacobian's leadership and the growth of Oakheart whereas the Abbey had remained stagnant under my leadership. I've also decided to leave the area soonish for my own reasons.
AbsK

Postby Jacobian123 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:59 am

Bump. We're still recruiting. (Not accepting fake alt accounts from AD.)
W3-W8 - Hermit

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby LadyGoo » Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:49 am

I would suggest you guys to address and secure your abbey as the Sevillian market:
- Constructions that cannot be moved (kilns, ovens, smelters) should have both trespassing and theft permission. But no vandal, so your industry won't suffer from the betrayal.
- Movable stuff like cauldrons, anvils and looms should have only the trespassing permit. People will still be able to use them, but won't be able to move them away.
- Do not give theft, vandal, trespassing permissions to anyone new in the village. They should be able to work within their plots (make sure their claim does not cover their gates), or designed areas (have a separate plot for farming, since it requires vandalism). That way the enemy won't be able to build a minehole to get inside of your village.
Hafen Helpdesk Skype Conference [Eng]: https://join.skype.com/mxo3yVNbrCK9
Справочная Конференция [Ru]: https://join.skype.com/fnAcsc0srDBN

Trade Conference [Eng-Ru]: https://join.skype.com/gNT6Rs92PTtM

W10 Queen of Dis fiancée of Leanne69 (Lolo)
W9 Hive [Ruler]
W8 Dis [Chieftain]
W7 Ofir [Lawspeaker]
W6 Dis [Chieftain] & Disneyland
W5 Vitterstad [Lawspeaker]
W4 A.D. [Fighter]
W3 Garden of Metallurgists [LS]
LadyGoo

Postby TeckXKnight » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:44 am

Removed offtopic posts. Please conduct yourselves with a higher level of maturity.
TeckXKnight

Postby Anno- » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:50 am

Hey there, Jacobian! I think I'd like to bop about and try my newbie hand in your little setup! As soon as I figure out whether or not I can get the name Anno back, or if I have to make Anno II, I'll toss a message your way. Probably here, because I don't know how to whisper in-game.
Anno-

Postby tomaty » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:24 am

Greetings,

I'm starting again after a few months playing as hermit and wish to join Víðarrheim Abbey :)

Waiting for instructions
tomaty

Next

Return to Dwarves & Thieves