Trade Network (World 10)

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Trade Network (World 10)

Postby GageKK » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:49 pm

Goal: To create a nation of interconnected colonies that promote trade via a barter/currency system. When banded together, these colonies will form a nation that will serve to provide outposts for trade and services. Essentially, each colony is a node, each node is connected by trade, when each node is connected it forms a net that has the potential to gain any resource at any time. Such access to resources will promote a trade economy that benefits each node. This implies that the larger the network is, the more resources there are to trade.
To Those Interested in Forming a Colony:
You can join at any time
You can leave at any time
There is no tax
We are peaceful
Trade is circulated by each node or by messenger. For example, if I traded for an Emerald Dragonfly in exchange for a Metal Axe, my dragonfly will be delivered by a messenger who will then pick up the axe and deliver it to me. There will be a messenger fee, but it will be adjusted to fit your needs (i.e you won't have to pay steel if all you have is tin). Alternatively, you can bring it yourself if you like for no cost.
Benefits to Colonies
Weekly, you will receive a small gift for being a node.
You will have access to the entire trade network
You are free to build your colony without restriction
You are free to band together with other colonies if you wish
Jobs (each will be given an additional gift weekly)(you must do your job for a full week in order to receive payment)
Overseers: if you choose to be an overseer you will be tasked with managing the rough quantities of each resource within the network. (There can only be a few overseers)
Farmer: if you choose to farm for the network you will be provided an extra plot of farm land to maintain. However you may still farm for personal needs in addition to this small task.
Hunter: if you choose to hunt for the network you will be asked to hunt or fish for certain animals in addition to your personal hunting needs.
Builder: if you choose to build for the network you will be required to gather resources to create/build any building requested by a node in addition to your own building needs.
Enforcer: if you choose to become an enforcer you will be in charge of protecting those in the network from those who inflict wrongdoing.
Messenger: if you choose to become a messenger you will be tasked with delivering various resources to various nodes.
If you're interested in further information on one of these jobs pm me.
Rules
You must be peaceful with other nodes (this doesn't apply if they've left the trade network)
If able, protect those in the network. (You will receive an additional gift for doing so)
You must keep trade within the network. This is the most important rule!!! Think of the network as a balloon, the more resources being traded within the network, the larger the balloon grows. But if trade is allowed outside of the network the balloon will leak and eventually deflate. So trade MUST BE KEPT WITHIN THE NETWORK!

Join today!
The only way to make sense of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
GageKK

Re: Trade Network (World 10)

Postby GageKK » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:26 pm

Additional Comments
There is no centralized government or ruling class.
*Job* To communicate between nodes requires someone know the hearth secret of node members. I will take this responsibility to ensure the safety of all node members. This position is called "Listener" and is not a permanent position. I will only be in this position until the network is off the ground. Once this is completed, I will pass down the position to a trustworthy few. The Listener is required to transmit the requests of each node to a messenger whom will deliver the goods. They are also tasked with making sure each node member receives a weekly gift. You must be online frequently in order to properly maintain this position.
*Job* To grow the network requires resources, and what's the fastest way to gain resources in H&H? Theft! To become a raider you must have quality combat skills as well as the Will to Power cycle of skills. You will be personally given a task by a Listener to raid a non-network settlement. The raiders will then be required to speak with an Overseer to a.) keep certain goods at a price or b.) give them to the network. Certain goods will be needed by the network, these will be the first requests from the Overseer. You may also explore for colonies to raid, but before raiding them speak with a listener to see if they are a member of the network. But anyways, the job of the raider is perhaps the most beneficial seeing as you will keep most of the goods you raid with the exception of the goods requested by the Overseer. (There are unlimited raider positions)(the raider will not get an additional weekly gift)

There isn't really a downside to joining the network, you aren't required to have a job, you aren't taxed, and you have access to an ever growing supply of resources and services. Why not join?

Please spread the word!! Remember, the more we have the more successful we are!! So if we can convince more to join, we can have a more successful economy. Which means better benefits for all!
The only way to make sense of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
GageKK

Return to Dwarves & Thieves