Community Fair

Forum for discussing in game trades, offers and deals.

Re: Community Fair

Postby cylenri » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:53 am

I've always been a super-hermit since world 4 so Im not sure how big player gatherings are handled, but is traveling to the fair safe, or do I risk getting my ass punched by some random roving people looking for kills, my stats are still pretty low but I'd really like to check this place out.
cylenri

Postby iamahh » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:34 pm

you can travel when population is lower
viewtopic.php?p=542180#p542180

use Amber client auto-hearth option, and disable when you get close

or plan using one of the roads marked in the OP image to go faster
iamahh

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:38 pm

cylenri wrote:I've always been a super-hermit since world 4 so Im not sure how big player gatherings are handled, but is traveling to the fair safe, or do I risk getting my ass punched by some random roving people looking for kills, my stats are still pretty low but I'd really like to check this place out.

I don't think anyone can guarantee safety if you are travelling by foot/boat, but, I can say, before I set up a road/charter stone I regularly travelled that way and have never encountered any problems, same with others in my area. I guess it largely depends on where you are travelling from ... some areas are safer than others.

I find it best to travel anywhere at certain times of the day, like for me, early mornings are the quietest time in the hearthlands. (I'm on UK time)

I'd say travel there, visit the charter stone and then set up a portico ( cheaper option) or charter stone at your village and then you no longer have to worry, if you don't have a village then build a village idol, it's simple to maintain as a hermit. You need charisma for the travel but it's easy enough to raise if you don't have enough. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby ZeggyZon » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:57 am

It appears that someone is griefing the roads on the west side of the fair north milestone. Its around http://odditown.com/haven/map/#x=-80&y=27&zoom=9

https://i.imgur.com/VfVsF1k.jpg

ZZ
ZeggyZon

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:12 pm

prob just a nab doing some village expansion hehhe
ChildhoodObesity

Postby DoctorCookie » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:19 pm

ZeggyZon wrote:It appears that someone is griefing the roads on the west side of the fair north milestone. Its around http://odditown.com/haven/map/#x=-80&y=27&zoom=9

ZZ

I wish he would fix this. I am getting waylaid every time.

Question: I have visited the CF charter stone. Shouldnt I be able to directly port there from any portico?
DoctorCookie

Postby DaniAngione » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:43 pm

DoctorCookie wrote:
ZeggyZon wrote:It appears that someone is griefing the roads on the west side of the fair north milestone. Its around http://odditown.com/haven/map/#x=-80&y=27&zoom=9

ZZ

I wish he would fix this. I am getting waylaid every time.

Question: I have visited the CF charter stone. Shouldnt I be able to directly port there from any portico?

You should be, yes. There is a charisma requirement for traveling, however - and it is higher the further away you are. Right click the Portico and type Community Fair's secret (or click it if its saved in your client) and it should say if you are not able to travel due to low charisma on the System tab.
Also, make sure you actually visited the Charter (right click and visit) instead of just being near it.
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby teoretik1 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:38 am

teoretik1

Postby Ultimas00 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:56 pm

Is community fair closed to the public. All the doors have been blocked with stone for some time as far as i know. I dont seem to be getting any response from anyone on the hedghugs discord channel.
Ultimas00

Postby DaniAngione » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:37 pm

Ultimas00 wrote:Is community fair closed to the public. All the doors have been blocked with stone for some time as far as i know. I dont seem to be getting any response from anyone on the hedghugs discord channel.

Doors have two stones each to prevent certain animals and other things, but you can still pass in between them, even with a horse;

If you're talking about more stones than those two, than that is probably intentional griefing from someone (possibly people trying to ambush traders) because if the CF folks themselves wanted to lock it down as they had before, they would just close the gates, no need for the stones :P

So if there are really stones blocking the entrances I'd advise you to be careful and not linger around :)
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

PreviousNext

Return to Apples For Oranges