Novice in need of Chamomille Compress

Forum for discussing in game trades, offers and deals.

Novice in need of Chamomille Compress

Postby celanas » Wed May 10, 2017 12:34 am

So it happened that I got my self a infected would and its starting to spiral out of control.
I have access to realms that belong to Akihabara and Northern kingdom and I am ready to do a bit of travelling to buy one.
I haven't cumulated anything expensive yet but if you will send me a message we can see if we can work something out (like anthill raiding, strings or some curios).
Thank you in advance.
celanas

Re: Novice in need of Chamomille Compress

Postby celanas » Wed May 10, 2017 6:55 pm

Trade is done, newb has been saved!
celanas

Postby Headchef » Wed May 10, 2017 7:06 pm

Don't forget to send Jorb a pm about how if someone wouldn't have traded you the only other option was camping Ancient WIndthrow, and that one happends to be camped by people who get knocked out :D (meaning, bots who log in when it spawns giving the newer player 0 chance of healing )

Infected Sore should be reworked somehow ghehe
Headchef

Postby ven » Wed May 10, 2017 7:23 pm

Headchef wrote:Infected Sore should be reworked somehow ghehe

> equip scalpel, silver needle, wine and stitch patch
> right click wound -> perform surgery
> "This healing action has 27% chance of success and 8% chance of catastrophic failure. Do you wish to proceed?"
Venator
ven

Postby Headchef » Wed May 10, 2017 9:09 pm

ven wrote:
Headchef wrote:Infected Sore should be reworked somehow ghehe

> equip scalpel, silver needle, wine and stitch patch
> right click wound -> perform surgery
> "This healing action has 27% chance of success and 8% chance of catastrophic failure. Do you wish to proceed?"

That sounds like make it a gamble for people who have their stuff arranged and make it impossible for sprucecaps :D :P
Headchef

Postby Sevenless » Thu May 11, 2017 1:01 am

I've raised this issue on the C&I forums if anyone wants to move the discussion there

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=57179
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby ven » Thu May 11, 2017 2:49 am

Headchef wrote:That sounds like make it a gamble for people who have their stuff arranged and make it impossible for sprucecaps

If the life of sprucecaps is made too easy, there will be no major incentive for them to band together in villages and societies.

I'm a hermit myself, but I'll never expect or demand that my gameplay be on the same level as a large village. High level medicine like surgery should indeed be a thing only villages have to offer. If noobs do want that, they should go to them for treatment.
Venator
ven

Postby uncleseano » Thu May 11, 2017 5:53 am

I'm starting to see random noob corpses around my peaceful area. All noobles dead from infected wounds and probably all quit the game....
uncleseano

Postby Headchef » Thu May 11, 2017 12:27 pm

ven wrote:
Headchef wrote:That sounds like make it a gamble for people who have their stuff arranged and make it impossible for sprucecaps

If the life of sprucecaps is made too easy, there will be no major incentive for them to band together in villages and societies.

I'm a hermit myself, but I'll never expect or demand that my gameplay be on the same level as a large village. High level medicine like surgery should indeed be a thing only villages have to offer. If noobs do want that, they should go to them for treatment.

Appreciate the attitude however most people are casuals and find a lot of things too much effort/feel entitled that things go in certain ways so it isn't too hard on them.
Could totally ignore that but then you'd lose players and if you think about it if someone actively tries to fix this wound gotten from other wounds, the fact that they're trying should be rewarded at some point.
Otherwise it kind of seems like wounds for the sake of wounds to me. Just tedious shit that doesn't add that much dynamic and is very annoying to heal.
Forageing until you're insanely lucky to find this flower is not realistic for this, as well as the matter that people with lowest stats get wounded the most..
And that combined with perma-death going away and all PvPers needing the healing roots for wretched gore and such, noobs have close to zero chance to heal this
Could argue that ''that's the way it is'' and therefore no mercy but I think the regular wounds previously were enough for noobs to deal with in the sense of complexity.
Adding more types of wounds with different solutions would still be cool, just no reason to make it insanely hard if this doesn't compare to how easy you get the wound.
I know we're kind of in A&O but whatever it's about content :P
Headchef

Postby Sevenless » Thu May 11, 2017 2:43 pm

Nothing wrong with the convo, it just needs to be moved. Remember you can flag posts as off topic for merging into other threads when chains like this start.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Next

Return to Apples For Oranges