The Northern Kingdom

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Re: The Northern Kingdom

Postby arcolithe » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:30 am

blank wrote:
Vassteel wrote:I must say the Northern Kingdom has turned out to be pretty awesome. they didnt have to expand their border to cover my little settlement but they kindly did. Their members/subjects from what ive experienced are extremely helpful.

being part of their realm helps them out more than it would you.. dont feel special or anything lel

how does it help them out more? I'm new to the game.
arcolithe

Postby DaniAngione » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:33 am

arcolithe wrote:how does it help them out more? I'm new to the game.

A kingdom generates Authority every time someone earns Experience inside that Kingdom's territory. It can be from either experience source: lore events or quest rewards.
Authority is basically the upkeep 'health' of a Kingdom, similar to how Presence works in Personal Claims: if a Kingdom "runs out" of Authority, its realm structures can be destroyed without a challenge and the realm itself is vulnerable.

Every realm structure has a daily cost in Authority - so for a Kingdom to stand it requires people playing inside of it, earning Experience so it can have enough Authority to keep itself alive.

Additionally, Authority can be spent to use Realm Powers. Realm Powers are special abilities that members of a Kingdom can use (if they have the permission to)
These include several types of powers, like the ability to extend enemy challenges against your realm, the ability to give someone a State Funeral (which gives the inherited character the same benefits of a full body burial but without requiring the body) or the ability to draw from the Authority pool to transform it into Experience for the character that uses the power - a power known as "From The Public Coffer".

This particular power is very "popular" between the most powerful characters across the hearthlands since keeping up their skills requires an intense studying regime, which means that they need a lot of Experience to keep studying as many curiosities as they do. Besides, having a large experience reserve is good for fighters as it allows them to use "Raw Hide!" (the horse stun) whenever necessary. This amount of Experience is often complicated to acquire unless you play the whole day - so alternatives like this Realm Power and/or Quests are the way to go for the maintenance of such characters.

We have a policy of not ever using this power for one's own benefits here in the NK, however; and we've managed to stay true to this policy so far. :)
As a matter of fact, we have a public log where we account every usage of Authority by the Realm, keeping it as open as possible for its people. Every single time the "From the Public Coffer" ability was used in the NK so far had, as an objective, banking Experience to improve the Realm water Well and it was never used for the upkeep of personal studying regimes or something like that. (and believe me - many have asked :roll: )
We also have a policy of always offering State Funerals to people that died within our territory - sometimes even if they were not members of the NK but we felt somewhat responsible, like when Bonus was killed: we gave him a State Funeral.

So yes, although the realm indeed does benefit (and requires it, even) from covering people under its influence, it can hardly be argued that it helps one more than the other since it not only includes all the great buffs a realm can offer but also, in the NK case, all the experience/Authority earned is used for the benefit of its citizens.

I hope this answers your doubt :D
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby blank » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:14 pm

The more people usually means more buffs, but you only get those buffs while in that realm. once you go into another realm you receive their buffs. also i think if you are oathed to the realm any exp you earn on that realm is doubled towards their authority that is received. correct me if i am wrong though..
blank

Postby DaniAngione » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:01 pm

Yes, buffs are territory based. If you move away from one realm to another, the buffs affecting you will change. But you are wrong about the authority part: authority goes to the realm your Hearthfire is, not if you are oathed or not :)
W15 ???
W14 Proud defender of Kakariko Village
W13 Sporadic member of Ravka
W12 Occasional member of Lake Town
W11 Inactive member of Yggdrasill
W10 King of The Northern Kingdom
W9 The Revenant of Wulf's Retreat
W8 Lawspeaker of New Thotoshire
W7 Lawspeaker of Esteldín
DaniAngione

Postby xAlexx » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:05 pm

I have currently been living within the Northern Kingdom borders for some time now since I started playing. It would be wonderful to meet some new friends! :)
xAlexx

Postby spawningmink » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:30 pm

xAlexx wrote:I have currently been living within the Northern Kingdom borders for some time now since I started playing. It would be wonderful to meet some new friends! :)

where did you want to meet? :)
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby Flyrella » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:09 am

spawningmink wrote:
xAlexx wrote:I have currently been living within the Northern Kingdom borders for some time now since I started playing. It would be wonderful to meet some new friends! :)

do you actually want to be friends with someone or just want to bait him?
Flyrella

Postby spawningmink » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:11 am

Flyrella wrote:
spawningmink wrote:

do you actually want to be friends with someone or just want to bait him?

I want to be friends wtf
ChildhoodObossite wrote:I actually lowkey admire Frosty, sometimes he can be a really cool guy

spawningmink
Under curfew

Postby Flyrella » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:13 am

spawningmink wrote:I want to be friends wtf

wana be my friend? :roll:
Flyrella

Postby spawningmink » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:16 am

Flyrella wrote:
spawningmink wrote:I want to be friends wtf

wana be my friend? :roll:

only if youre cute

spawningmink
Under curfew

PreviousNext

Return to Dwarves & Thieves