Nyx: The Midnight City (Recruitment Closed)

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Nyx: The Midnight City (Recruitment Closed)

Postby Adder1234 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:40 am

Hello everyone. I have only played Haven for a couple of worlds, but I'm fairly experienced and whenever world 11 comes around, I've decided to start my own village. I like to be prepared, so I've decided to start a recruitment thread early.

What The City Will Be Like
As the name suggest, I plan on building a village and potentially a market almost entirely underground. Of course, the farming area and whatnot will still be above ground, but everything else will be located on the first cave level. The city will also be decorated and coloured very dark and occult like, purely for aesthetics. There are several reasons why I want to do this:
  • The addition of new underground plants means that decorating an underground city is actually possible now.
  • Having an underground market avoids some of the lag that is usually associated with large villages.
  • Because no one else has done it before (That I know of) and because I think it would be cool.
I won't lie, I've never run a village before and I don't expect to this time either, it will be a team effort where everyone has a say and work towards shared goals.

Village Policies, Goals and Relations
I'm a fairly peaceful player and I hope that the village will be as well, but that being said I have no problems with players being combat based, so long as they fight to protect the village or other players. As most of you have probably guessed, the village will be more than a bit larpy, but I also plan on running a competitive and hardworking village. As for the villages political affiliations and alliances, that will depend on how world 11 turns out.

The village itself will be set out pretty normally: public crafting stations, personal living and storage areas and a variety of communal buildings. People will be allowed their own personal spaces, either above or below ground at their preference. However, everyone in the village will be expected to help with projects that will benefit the village as a whole, such as mine holes, palisades, improvements to work stations and the construction of public buildings.

Who I'm Looking For
Anyone really, I only have a handful of people with me at the moment. However, I won't accept anyone and everyone that sends me a PM. Those interested should send me a PM with their timezone, average daily play time, desired position or job in the village and their previous experience, affiliations and villages. It would also help if you could get another player to vouch for you.

The recruitment has now closed, this thread exists only for posterity.
Last edited by Adder1234 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Adder1234

Re: Nyx: The Midnight City (Next World Recruitment and Plann

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:49 am

Sounds great! If I didn't have my own plans for next world I'd have definitely been interested.
Best of luck! :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby ErdTod » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:56 am

Will keep an eye on this thread! Hopefully World 11 will be sooner than I forget about this new village recruitment :)
ErdTod

Postby RedSkies » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:51 pm

Hauling wood and water down a minehole gets old fast. But other than that, underground living is great. Neat idea.
jorb wrote:I hereby forbid you from using it.
RedSkies

Postby Amanda44 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:21 pm

Wood isn't such an issue now we have tree's down there and Towercaps can be grown in caves, though you'll have to reach the lower levels to get the spores. As he is planning the build on the first level it's not that much effort anyway tbh.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby RedSkies » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:07 pm

Amanda44 wrote:Wood isn't such an issue now we have tree's down there and Towercaps can be grown in caves, though you'll have to reach the lower levels to get the spores. As he is planning the build on the first level it's not that much effort anyway tbh.

Fair point about the wood. Still, can't beat the convenience of having a well right next to you industry.
jorb wrote:I hereby forbid you from using it.
RedSkies

Postby Adder1234 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:45 pm

Forgot to include this in the OP, but I plan on using Discord for communication between villagers.
Adder1234

Postby rhzk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:18 am

Interesting!
rhzk

Postby Dwarfaggedon » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:32 am

You are planning to do basically everything I want to do in the new world when it rolls around. When you say "The city will also be decorated and coloured very dark and occult like, purely for aesthetics." I hope you don't mean just red & black do you have a colour scheme in mind already picked out?
Dwarfaggedon

Postby Adder1234 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:48 am

Dwarfaggedon wrote:You are planning to do basically everything I want to do in the new world when it rolls around. When you say "The city will also be decorated and coloured very dark and occult like, purely for aesthetics." I hope you don't mean just red & black do you have a colour scheme in mind already picked out?

I don't have any specific colour scheme, just a general idea of what I want it to look like. If I had to decide at this point I would probably say metallic greys, blacks and silver.
Adder1234

Next

Return to Dwarves & Thieves