Brodgar

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Brodgar

Postby Attas » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:29 pm

W6 Brodgar

The days of solitude and boredom in Haven are gone. Brodgar is a village like any other, except for the fact that it has no outside walls and anyone can live here. I have built a village idol with a charter stone (whose name is ‘Brodgar’) and anyone can come create an alt.

Tips to building in Brodgar:

• Pick a good place in the village;
  • Pick any size you need;
  • Build a palisade around it.
Without any external walls, crime rate in Brodgar is expected to be quite high(In fact crime rate is not as high as expected, and a wall has been built around the eastern portion of the city, just in case). So far we haven't encountered any trouble, but raiders are always a possibility (in fact we were attacked twice this week, but hopefully with the new security measures taken it will not repeat). Therefore it is not recommended that you bring your main to Brodgar. However if you want to bring some materials from your main base, we are located at -105,65. We have a couple of roads from CF leading to us. And since all roads lead to CF, we have roads connecting us to the four corners of the world. Join our discord channel (link below) if you do not know how to get to us.

The city of Brodgar provides a unique experience in Haven. If you are a new player, come learn the game in here, there will be plenty of old players to help. If you're not new but has always kept away from world politics, come to live the experience of living in a village without the pressure of having a profession. And if you’re a full veteran, escape the dullness of the late world by bringing an alt to Brodgar and help us build together this great city. In every case, living in Brodgar allows for a hermit playstyle with the advantage of having neighbors with whom you can trade and interact at any time of the day.

As a disclaimer, I am not the original architect of Brodgar. Yolan made it some years ago. It was a good community project and I think it would be a good idea to reproduce it now.

We have a discord channel: https://discord.gg/B7G6eyE.

tl;dr if you want to join us, create an alt using the hearth secret “Brodgar”, or come by foot to -105,65.

Quick tutorial to join the village (for new players):
1. Once in the character creation room, right-click the skull shown in the picture.

2. Type 'Brodgar" in the popup.

3. If it works, the skull's eyes will look like this. You can now choose your name with the mage and finally right-click the firepit.
Last edited by Attas on Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Attas

Re: Brodgar

Postby D0fuz15 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:06 pm

I hope this brodgar end looking like the old one or better than that \o/, love the idea ❤
Good idea!
D0fuz15

Postby Attas » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:41 pm

Currently 25 people are oathed in Brodgar (mains+alts), with 15 claims in the city. Around 10 people online in peak times.

Most of the population is composed of old players who are starting fresh, living the early world again. New players are welcome however, and we're always ready to help.
Attas

Postby Attas » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:22 am

Bump.

As a compensation for the double post, here's a gif showing the progress of Brodgar in the past week: https://i.imgur.com/n4Pcjun.gifv

Brodgar accepts new people regardless of race, credo and religion.

Currently at 30 plots and 50 oathed people. Elections are being held at the moment and a new mayor will be chosen on Saturday.
Attas

Postby Ninijutsu » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:36 am

Attas wrote:Either way, it is recommended that you don’t bring your main to the village, considering the expected crime rate.

Take this advice seriously.

Of another era.
Ninijutsu

Postby OliviaWatson » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:10 am

Attas wrote:
W6 Brodgar

The days of solitude and boredom in Haven are gone. Brodgar is a village like any other, except for the fact that it has no outside walls and anyone can live here. I have built a village idol with a charter stone (whose name is ‘Brodgar’) and anyone can come create an alt.

Tips to building in Brodgar:

• Pick a good place in the village;
  • Claim an area of more or less 25x25 (just don’t build anything monstrously huge);
  • Build a palisade around it.
Currently there are no roads leading to it, but sooner or later they will be built. Either way, it is recommended that you don’t bring your main to the village, considering the expected crime rate. However, if you want to bring some building materials from your main village, we’re located at -105,65.

The city of Brodgar provides a unique experience in Haven. If you are a new player, come learn the game in here, there will be plenty of old players to help. And if you’re a vet, escape the dullness of the late world by bringing an alt to Brodgar and help us build together this great city. In both cases, living in Brodgar allows for a hermit playstyle with the advantage of having neighbors with whom you can trade and interact at any time of the day.

As a disclaimer, I am not the original architect of Brodgar. Yolan made it some years ago. It was a good community project and I think it would be a good idea to reproduce it now.

We have a discord channel.

tl;dr if you want to join us, create an alt using the hearth secret “Brodgar”, or come by foot to -105,65.

Quick tutorial to join the village (for newbies):
1. Once in the character creation room, right-click the skull shown in the picture.

2. Type 'Brodgar" in the popup.

3. If it works, the skull's eyes will look like this. You can now choose your name with the mage and finally right-click the firepit.

I will follow this advice very seriously, Hope it will work. :)
OliviaWatson

Postby Attas » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:29 am

Just to update the thread, Brodgar has grown, as you can see in the updated gif of the city layout:

Elections have been held, and Vetinari has been elected as the new mayor for his 2-weeks term.

Usually there are about 10 people online in any hour of the day, sometimes going down to 2 or 3 and sometimes reaching 15. We have players from most timezones. Using discord is not required. We can teach fresh new players.
Attas

Postby Teleskop » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:53 am

i remember when i joined brodgar on w9 and got kicked after 2 hours
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby Attas » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:20 am

We had a beach party yesterday and here are some pics:

I stopped counting precisely how many people we have, but there are at least 10 people online at peak times everyday, and about 40 active people overall.
Attas

Postby Attas » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:52 pm

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

• Brodgar now has a wall. After a horrendous terrorist attack which left 1 KO'd person, the citizens have decided that it was high time to invest into a defensive infrastructure able to keep raiders unarmed. Only the eastern portion of the village has this palisade because West Brodgar has a small population;
  • The election system was thought to be flawed and it is currently passing through some reforms. Stay tuned!
  • We have reached L5 on our public mines.

Even though we have lost the status of "newbie city with no walls", the gates will remain opened for anyone to come and go. Needless to say we assured the entire eastern village is vclaimed, so no crimes from outsiders can be practiced. Neverthess the crime risk is still high, considering the very low requirements to join the city, so don't forget to build a palisade when you join us.
Attas

Next

Return to Dwarves & Thieves