The Cult of Níðhöggr

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

The Cult of Níðhöggr

Postby GamingRAM » Tue May 15, 2018 6:20 am

The Cult of Níðhöggr

This world is too old…
It’s peak has long since gone…
The planet is dying…
It’s time to end this.

Are you bored? Do you feel lonely? A lack of friends and general social interaction? Do you have an unending and innate desire to bring about the destruction of all of existence?

THEN I HAVE THE ANSWER FOR YOU!
INTRODUCING...... *drum roll*
NIDHOGGISM!!!

Just for the low low price of (your soul), you too can join in on the coolest and hippest new cult of the 21st century!

Make new friends!
Wear the latest fashion trends!
Attend the wildest parties and meetings!
Participate in the fun and exciting activities! Such as…
    * Tree Killing!
    * Sacrificing lambs to Nidhoggr!
    * and also…. TREE KILLING!

Join us and help bring about the END OF THE WORLD! We need YOU!

Mission:
Our mission is to bring about the end of the world. :D

Specifically, our goal is encourage Jorb into resetting the world by exterminating all (or most) of the game’s trees. By removing trees, you remove sticks, which are used to make an axe, which in turn is needed for basically EVERYTHING. So no more sticks = no more axes = no new players.

In the event Jorb in all of his known stubborness still refuses to reset the world, we’ll be left with a cool post-apocalyptic world, devoid of trees and general nature. Imagine it, a world where tree seeds are used as currency, where wood is a rare resource, wars fought over the few remaining trees!
It’s a win-win, we can’t lose!

Who can join?
Anyone! We don’t discriminate towards those wanting to help end the world :) Anyone may join, regardless of faction, village, personal player experience, etc. (Although if you are a notorious dickweed you may be asked to leave).

How can I join?
The best way to join the cult is to meet me (RamZ III) at the Community Fair. You can also contact me via the Hedgehug’s Discord channel (just look up RamZ). Another way is during one of the Cult’s monthly meetings!
https://discord.gg/Uy8yzm4

How can I help?
Helping our cause is quite simple really, KILL TREES. I’ve seen them, you’ve seen them, we are all familiar with the bane of many hearthling’s Credo Quests: trees…. They mock you, they demand insane items, they tell you to visit their buddies half way across the world, and some of them even hide from you behind a well placed wall.
WELL NO MORE! Take up your axe and fell these overgrown sprouts!
The bare minimum is to chop a tree down. You don’t even have to destroy the log or remove the stump, removing the source to sticks is enough.

If you want to go the extra mile, you can also destroy the logs and remove the stumps. If you’re lucky, you’ll even get some Strange Roots from removing stumps. Save them, they will be used in a future project of the Cult.
http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Strange_Root

A woodsman’s axe is STRONGLY encouraged, as it chops faster compared to other axes, saving you time, energy, food, and water.
It can be made from 2 Bars of Hard Metal, 1 Bar of Tin, and 2 Blocks of Oak, also must be made on an Anvil + Smithy Hammer.
http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Woodsman%27s_Axe

Alternative ways to help?

You can also help spread the good and destructive word of Nidhogg! There are lots of people who never go to the forums who would be interested!

Image Image Image Image
In the future there will be a donation box where people can donate to the cause. We are looking for Gold Quills (CF’s currency), high energy supplying food, woodsman axes, toys (fun items, such as Stalagoomba, Leatherballs, Plush Bats, etc), and other items that can be useful.

Uniform:
The official uniform of the Cult of Nidhogg consists of a black Ashen Robe (mandatory) and a Boreworm Mask (optional but encouraged). Image Image

New members will be provided a uniform should they not already have one. (Boreworm Mask not included).

Ashen Robes can be made from 2kg of Ash and 2 pieces of cloth.
http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Ashen_Robes

Boreworm Masks are made from Boreworm Beaks and 2 String. Boreworms, which drop the Beaks, can be found underground.
http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Boreworm

Base of Operations:
Being a cult rather than a Kingdom or a Village, the Cult of Nidhogg has no concrete, definitive base of operations. HOWEVER, we mainly meet up at the Community Fair Inn, just south of the charterstone.
Don't look behind the bar.

http://odditown.com/haven/map/#x=-60.56&y=108.85&zoom=9

Events & Meetings:
Events will be held once a month, and I will (try) to announce the event at least a week in advance. I am thinking of holding the monthly meet ups on the first Saturday of each month, but this may change.
Meetings are aimed to be right before Community Fair games are to be held, giving us all something fun to do afterwards.

What do we do at the meetings?
    All sorts of exciting things, no limited to but including:
    * Blood sacrifices!
    * Cult chants!
    * Speeches done by yours truly!
    * Show and Tell
    * Questionable rituals.
    * Actual discussions on where to bring the cult moving forward, such as new objectives.

Rules:
We have no requirements that you HAVE to fulfill. HOWEVER,
Don’t be an asshole.
For reals though, don’t go around personally attacking others, trying to wall others off with palisades, etc. We may be trying to bring about the world’s destruction, but we’re not dicks about it.

What the Cult REALLY is:
All silliness aside, the Cult is mainly just a social thing, like that of the Free Masons. We meet up once a month, hang out, chat, play some games, come up with ideas, do a few larpy culty things, etc. Yes we DO in fact kill trees, yes we DO in fact try to bring about the end, but there’s no REAL obligations. It’s all just for fun :).

Current Cult Objectives:
    Kill Trees
    Construct the Super Secret Hideout under the Community Fair Inn. Will need furnishing.
    The Other Super Secret objective that may or may not directly involve Jorb.
    Trying to find a human volunteer to be sacrificed. Alas no luck so far.
    Set up the Strange Root system. (Save your roots!)
    Come up with an official Symbol/Logo

F.A.Q.
Why trees?
Why trees? WHY?! Because of all the torment they’ve brought upon us, because of the oxygen they bring, because of the “life” they create, because…

The real reason is sticks. All new players are required to create a stone axe in order to get anywhere in the game. Without a stone axe, it literally is impossible to progress to anything meaningful. If it weren’t for caves and stone quarries, removing boulders would have been an easier task, so we chose the second best cutoff point, sticks.

How many members are there?
As of May 14th, 2018, there are roughly 15 members of the Cult of Nidhoggism.
World 12: Quit at some point.
World 11: Community Fair Worker
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
World 9: Founder of SnoopVille, Resident of Emerald City
World 7: Hermit and Neighbor to a dead Korean
GamingRAM

Re: The Cult of Níðhöggr

Postby Onep » Tue May 15, 2018 7:08 am

Sounds legit, too bad Empress Atikin has me under ball and chain. :\
“We still, alas, cannot forestall it-
This dreadful ailment's heavy toll;
The spleen is what the English call it,
We call it simply, Russian soul.”

An idea to consider: Tedium, a Feature.
Do you like Onep? Do you think he'd look good in green? www.Onep4mod.com
Jorb hates me. :\
Onep

Postby infectedking3 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:49 am

Onep wrote:Empress Atikin

Is that really the name she's going by now? xD
infectedking3

Postby azrid » Tue May 15, 2018 8:11 am

Is there a member list somewhere?
azrid

Postby Terry6390 » Tue May 15, 2018 2:21 pm

+1
AKA: Terry of The Dab
Terry6390

Postby GamingRAM » Tue May 15, 2018 3:27 pm

azrid wrote:Is there a member list somewhere?

Anyone can join the Cult. Anyone.
This also includes those who would rather not have their public identity known, cuz you know, reputations and stuff to uphold.

I could see about making an opt-in member's list though, would look nice to show off.

That said, your best bet on finding out who's who is by asking others directly or attending the public meetings we have once a month.

Onep wrote:Sounds legit, too bad Empress Atikin has me under ball and chain. :\

Aww, well you're still welcomed to attend the meetings!
World 10: Co-Founder of the Northern Kingdom, Resident of Emerald City, Founder and Mayor of the Hole of Glory, RamZ's Art Emporium at CF, Member of the CFL Rams.
GamingRAM

Postby MrPunchers » Tue May 15, 2018 4:05 pm

Nibbas whomst'dve'yaint are unbeknowing growathefth wood beings
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby wonder-ass » Wed May 16, 2018 5:56 am

looking forward to the next meeting, we could always sacrifice alts not like their lives matter :twisted:
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby fulma » Wed May 16, 2018 11:36 pm

i will bring 2 sheep this time for the sacrifice!
fulma

Postby GamingRAM » Tue May 22, 2018 1:04 am

Attention all Cult Members, do not fret, trees now require other trees to sprout. This simply means if we kill all the trees, everything is all good. Trees cannot sprout from nothing! So give them nothing! Make trees go extinct!
GamingRAM

Next

Return to Dwarves & Thieves