{closed}Old Player returning. looking for a village.

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

{closed}Old Player returning. looking for a village.

Postby insazumi » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:29 pm

I'm currently looking for a village to join. I recently started playing again after a very long absence. I'm looking for a village that will accept a new character. I stopped playing right before the Hafen update. So anything added with and after that update is new to me and I will have to learn it.

About me:

I'm currently 21 years old.

I'm from Texas but currently living in NC.

Although voice chat is fine I personally don't like to talk. So having me typing will have to be ok with the village.

I'm a peaceful player no interest in PVP/raiding.

However, I would like to learn the new combat system in order to protect myself/village.

I can be active daily to help around the village.

Currently, I really want to be a miner/smithy if possible but I'm open to other positions.

My first time playing was in w3 but I stopped playing for a while and returned late w4 (if I remember correctly).

If you have any more question or want to talk pm me or add me on discord agnis#0214 .

Edit: The village doesn't have to be big or very developed. As long as it has a friendly community in it :)
Last edited by insazumi on Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
insazumi

Re: Old Player returning. looking for a village.

Postby » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:42 pm

You might like Brodgar City, either as your main village or as a place to keep an "alt" character and visit sometimes. We could use more miners lately.

Welcome back to the game and I hope you have fun this time around too.

Postby insazumi » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:46 pm

✧ wrote:You might like Brodgar City, either as your main village or as a place to keep an "alt" character and visit sometimes. We could use more miners lately.

Welcome back to the game and I hope you have fun this time around too.

Thanks. If I remember correctly brodgar used to be a place for hermit's to gather and live close to each other. Is it still like that or is it a proper village now?
insazumi

Postby » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:55 pm

It follows the same model from Yolan's original, I think, though I wasn't there for the first ones back in the day. Each player has their own separately-walled plot and there are also some shared communal things, like semi-hq tools, public farms, a public smelting area, etc. It's all connected by roads. There is also a guild (and maybe more in the works) that's open to whoever joins and is accepted into the specific guild. It's not a traditional village model where everyone shares everything, instead people tend to trade. It's fairly social; I often see people around town when just going about my business.

Since we accept everyone, though, we sacrifice some safety in the public areas because we don't carefully examine who we're letting in, and we publish our location for all to see.

Postby insazumi » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:05 am

✧ wrote:It follows the same model from Yolan's original, I think, though I wasn't there for the first ones back in the day. Each player has their own separately-walled plot and there are also some shared communal things, like semi-hq tools, public farms, a public smelting area, etc. It's all connected by roads. There is also a guild (and maybe more in the works) that's open to whoever joins and is accepted into the specific guild. It's not a traditional village model where everyone shares everything, instead, people tend to trade. It's fairly social; I often see people around town when just going about my business.

Since we accept everyone, though, we sacrifice some safety in the public areas because we don't carefully examine who we're letting in, and we publish our location for all to see.

Sounds interesting. I read the thread for it and there are some differences from the old one. Would be an interesting change from the Normal styles of villages I'm used to. Who can I contact to get added to the village claim once I spawn?
insazumi

Postby » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:10 am

We're currently a direct democracy and don't have any central leader, so we've just been telling people to ask the first person they see if anyone who can grant citizenship is online (there several people who can.) I'll pm you the hearthsecret for my character in Brodgar too; if I'm online I can add you. Or you can send a message in our discord server.

Postby insazumi » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:13 am

✧ wrote:We're currently a direct democracy and don't have any central leader, so we've just been telling people to ask the first person they see if anyone who can grant citizenship is online (there several people who can.) I'll pm you the hearthsecret for my character in Brodgar too; if I'm online I can add you. Or you can send a message in our discord server.

Are you currently online ingame? because I would like to go ahead and join if possible. if not I can just look for someone like you said.
insazumi

Return to Dwarves & Thieves