Colosseum Fights

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Colosseum Fights

Postby Ultimas00 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:15 pm

Hello. I have been pondering the idea of hosting Gladiator battles. I need to find people who think this is a fun idea and would like to help make it a reality. I have a general idea in my head but need some of the details worked out and also need some people who would be interested in participating in the battles. The fights would be real with no looting allowed. The loser would have to heal his wounds. To start would probably just be some boxing matches with no equipment. I need enthuziasts and gladiators.
Ultimas00

Re: Colosseum Fights

Postby Ultimas00 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:21 pm

I want to schedual something for this weekend. It should be an unarmed battle with no classes and no looting. Possibly a last man standing battle since there are no teams yet. So make an alt feed em a bunch of pies and come on down lets have some fun.
Ultimas00

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:48 pm

Probably need to build some arena accessible by CF. Also likely need to provide the same quality gear. And trying to verify people are using the right stats could be annoying. Also trying to learn combat discoveries on alts would be annoying for anyone to participate.

If you can solve these problems you could get a decent set up going.
DDDsDD999

Postby Ultimas00 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:27 pm

There may have to be less rules involved for it to work out. maybe have looting so if someone wants to use there good gear they risk losing it. We can probably get support no problem from Cf if we get enough people on board. May be instead of having team and or matches its just a current raining champ and people would fight for a chance to challenge the champ, instead of the same teams losing to the same teams time after time, and or having to worry about who has what stats and all that. somone would turn out to be the champ maybe for a long time but eventually someone else would come along and beat him or her. could also have side events with matches involving more rules like 1 on 1 punching matches or things like that.
Ultimas00

Postby Ultimas00 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:44 pm

we just need a champion. and a challenger. Who wants to be the champion
Join The Discord Channel

https://discord.gg/gByG6pD
Ultimas00

Postby qoonpooka » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:59 pm

I will volunteer to run parimutuel betting for these if you can get them off the ground.
qoonpooka

Postby Ultimas00 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:08 pm

That. Would be alot of fun
Ultimas00

Postby neeco » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:14 am

Ultimas00 wrote:Hello. I have been pondering the idea of hosting Gladiator battles. I need to find people who think this is a fun idea and would like to help make it a reality. I have a general idea in my head but need some of the details worked out and also need some people who would be interested in participating in the battles. The fights would be real with no looting allowed. The loser would have to heal his wounds. To start would probably just be some boxing matches with no equipment. I need enthuziasts and gladiators.

Should do real fights with cheap alts. Maybe 300-500 stats or so?
Fight to KO, bonus points if you can kill.
Stats and gear should be same to make it more about skill. Also would want a decent sized arena with a variety of terrain and obstacles. At least half of haven pvp is movement.

edit: 2v2's for even more skill/teamwork and higher chances for some nice deaths?
W9: Hermit
W10: LS of EoCity
W11: God King Emperor of the East [Retired]
W12: Wouldn't you like to know

jorb wrote:The running server is the test server.
neeco

Return to Dwarves & Thieves