Southern Troubles

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Southern Troubles

Postby Turtlesir » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:26 am

ricky wrote:southern continent represent. the first few days while exploring the coastline i ran into some bad hombres, but i escaped with my life and my dignity, now i'm just chillin like a villian. of the 5-6 settlements in my neighborhood, everyone's hangin out.

I did see a sprucecap wandering through my back yard the other day and decided to give him a chase, just to put the fear of god into him.

i've never seen a person hearth so fast.

LOL i've had a similar experience, ran at a sprucecap with my naked labour alt holding a shovel and he ran like hell up to his boat and hearthed. just wanted to say hi really.
Turtlesir

Postby shubla » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:48 am

Turtlesir wrote:
ricky wrote:southern continent represent. the first few days while exploring the coastline i ran into some bad hombres, but i escaped with my life and my dignity, now i'm just chillin like a villian. of the 5-6 settlements in my neighborhood, everyone's hangin out.

I did see a sprucecap wandering through my back yard the other day and decided to give him a chase, just to put the fear of god into him.

i've never seen a person hearth so fast.

LOL i've had a similar experience, ran at a sprucecap with my naked labour alt holding a shovel and he ran like hell up to his boat and hearthed. just wanted to say hi really.

In my opinion, devs should add some way to tell whether characters have rage or not.
Currently this is what happens in many occasions, when you see somebody, you run away or hearth. Because its not worth the risk.
Maybe a white flag that can only be wielded by people without rage or something.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Sholom » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:46 am

shubla wrote:In my opinion, devs should add some way to tell whether characters have rage or not.
Currently this is what happens in many occasions, when you see somebody, you run away or hearth. Because its not worth the risk.
Maybe a white flag that can only be wielded by people without rage or something.

Why not knowing is a bad thing? And why you should be given a marker just like that? Especially when later it will come to targeting people in big pvp encounters. You should find out who has or doesn't have rage by collecting intel, guessing and taking risks instead of just seeing a big target or a huge white flag on someone's back.
Risk and intentional trickery are good for the game.
Sholom

Postby shubla » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:52 am

Sholom wrote:
shubla wrote:In my opinion, devs should add some way to tell whether characters have rage or not.

Why not knowing is a bad thing? And why you should be given a marker just like that? Especially when later it will come to targeting people in big pvp encounters. You should find out who has or doesn't have rage by collecting intel, guessing and taking risks instead of just seeing a big target or a huge white flag on someone's back.
Risk and intentional trickery are good for the game.

You did not understand the point, did you?

Currently, when I see a player, they instantly hearth away, because they might think that I have rage and I am dangerous.
This prevents most spontaneous interaction between players.
I doubt there are any players who think that this is a good thing.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
shubla

Postby Saxony4 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:54 am

shubla wrote:Currently, when I see a player, they instantly hearth away, because they might think that I have rage and I am dangerous.

This has been the case for years though, not like the recent rage mechanics just now introduced fear of strangers. If anything it facilitates a chance that you can interact without being murdered.
loftar wrote:git da mony
Saxony4

Postby Vassteel » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:13 am

not going to lie but if I come across someone who approaches me out in the wild im def going to try and KO them first.

spontaneous run-ins generally never go will and are best avoided without the use of a wall.
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby Sholom » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:52 am

shubla wrote:You did not understand the point, did you?

Currently, when I see a player, they instantly hearth away, because they might think that I have rage and I am dangerous.

I did. And I already said that I do not see any reason why game should tell you if it's dangerous or not with 100% certainty.
Players should take that risk of deciding if they want to take a chance or not.
Sholom

Postby Vassteel » Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:24 am

Sholom wrote:
I did. And I already said that I do not see any reason why game should tell you if it's dangerous or not with 100% certainty.

agreed im not a huge fan of knowing 100% what the outcome of something might be. ide rather it be completely up to the players to figure out for themselves
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby kirion » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:57 pm

I'm fully armored with leather shits including a shield.
Ran up to someone.
He dab'd me and literally walked away.

Feels bad, man.
I can't even inspire fear into an ant, i bet.
kirion

Postby shubla » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:42 pm

Sholom wrote:
shubla wrote:You did not understand the point, did you?

Players never take that risk, so thinking like that is really dumb.
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot