I dont understand how I could have been raid, do you?

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: I dont understand how I could have been raid, do you?

Postby azrid » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:40 pm

deserved raid
for walling of resource and for being stupid
azrid

Postby Clemence » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:47 pm

I just walled it cause I wanted to set in the neigberoud and didn't want people of all village around patrolling around my farm for this, only reason.
And please, dont make you an angel, palissing a ressource, ho my god!
And for the stupid, ok, i get it, but am just a casual ermit who played just 1 1/2 year ago, didnt remember all the stuff about visitor and so, please i desserve it, ok, but well, if my mistake could teach felows casuals its ok.
Clemence

Postby Vigilance » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 pm

Clemence wrote:I just walled it cause I wanted to set in the neigberoud and didn't want people of all village around patrolling around my farm for this, only reason.
And please, dont make you an angel, palissing a ressource, ho my god!

so in order to make people not bother you, you instead walled in the resource so they're inclined to RAID you.

nifty thinking my friend

why not just settle anywhere else?

if i wall in a resource you bet your ass i'm going to expect every trick in the book to raid me.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby linkfanpc » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:14 pm

Youch, too bad. At least no deaths/claim smashing occurred.

And hey everyone lay off him, was a rookie mistake and i doubt he knows the true worth of LRs. Doesn't need everyone here bashing him for claiming them, prolly just thought they looked cool and wanted it for himself. The raid paid for it, so can we be done now? Sheesh.

But anyway, yeah, claiming or walling of the special resources is frowned upon and people will do anything they can to get to them. Honestly i'd say you probably should move, or smash that part of the pali and leave it free, no reason for someone to raid you then, or else at that point they're just doing it for the fun and are straight criminals.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:19 pm

linkfanpc wrote:And hey everyone lay off him, was a rookie mistake and i doubt he knows the true worth of LRs. Doesn't need everyone here bashing him for claiming them, prolly just thought they looked cool and wanted it for himself. The raid paid for it, so can we be done now? Sheesh.

Kind of like the new people settling right on top of swamps... or maybe it's old players. The couple I've seen clearly know what they're doing, but obviously not.

If you know enough to know something is likely valuable, you should probably know enough to know that someone else is going to want it to. If you want to avoid conflict, avoid valuable. if you want to invite conflict, then step up and try to be king of the hill.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby battleslayer888 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:20 pm

You left a gate open to the left, off the picture. You were able to drop the vistor debuff from there. Also doesnt help your main was AFKing in the river, where destroyed boat and he drowned.
battleslayer888

Postby linkfanpc » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:39 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
linkfanpc wrote:And hey everyone lay off him, was a rookie mistake and i doubt he knows the true worth of LRs. Doesn't need everyone here bashing him for claiming them, prolly just thought they looked cool and wanted it for himself. The raid paid for it, so can we be done now? Sheesh.

If you know enough to know something is likely valuable, you should probably know enough to know that someone else is going to want it to. If you want to avoid conflict, avoid valuable. if you want to invite conflict, then step up and try to be king of the hill.

Meh, yeah, good point. Still, just a poor noober.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Clemence » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:13 pm

Ya, I told you that was the back door fault, my bad, but it was not one of us in thart boat.
Clemence

Postby budzilla » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:59 pm

Well deserved.
budzilla

Postby Kaios » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:27 am

Sucks to lose your stuff to a silly mistake that anyone can make so I do feel bad for you, we don't always take the various methods of how mechanics could be taken advantage of in to consideration when setting up stuff like this so it is quite unfortunate.

I noticed in your first screenshot that you have a normal gate open and I know you've already figured out how they managed to raid you but I'd be curious to find out if walking through a normal gate on the claim gets rid of your visitor status after having already gone through a visitor gate. That might be one to look out for as well.
Kaios

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot