Hides dissapear?

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Hides dissapear?

Postby Wurtag » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:22 pm

Hello. First of all I know players can steal my things and most probably they were. But before proceeding to destroy my seudo-basecamp I would like to know what do you think. I have some tanning tubs (5) in my camp along with tanning racks and several containers with things of "value" like glue and other things, and also a fishnet. I have arrived to my camp and now my tanning tubs are empty. Are hides suppose to decay if they are a day in water without tanning (without barks)? is it possible or just I was stolen and the thief is a fan of my dried hides? Everything is okay except that. I have my fingers ready to do a - y - click, because is the second time it happens to me. Greetings and thanks in advanced.
Wurtag

Re: Hides dissapear?

Postby Makzul78 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi, Wurtag.
Your valuables have been stolen. I am sorry for your loss.
Take care.
jorb wrote:Inb4 red bounding boxes, movement indication vectors, &c&c. Bye art, hello matrix, tru pvp4lyfe #winning.
Makzul78

Postby Nexit » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:19 am

If you don't have a personal claim, anybody can come by and steal anything. If you do have a personal claim, only people with the right skills can steal your stuff and will leave scents of their crimes behind after doing so. To see the scents toggle tracking in the toggles menu (Adventure > Toggles > Toggle Tracking), and you may pick them up to locate the thieves.

Leather will not disappear in the tub, so it was most likely stolen.
Nexit

Postby loskierek » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:18 pm

if you have a claim build a fence, it costs 200k lp to destroy it while its much cheaper to just rob you + its just few sticks ( dont bother with gates just fence and bash it when u need to go out )
loskierek

Postby Wurtag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:08 pm

loskierek wrote:if you have a claim build a fence, it costs 200k lp to destroy it while its much cheaper to just rob you + its just few sticks ( dont bother with gates just fence and bash it when u need to go out )

But if I bash the fence I would have to rebuild it. That's a headache. Are gates that expensive? Anyway I don't used to have a lot of things in my bases, hides are the most and they are becoming annoying because I can't travel too far. Same with leather with those 3 days of waiting and those armors that doesn't last long. Seems to me like carrying the very indispensable things is more efficient than hiding in a hole. Focus on a crafting recipe for example and stock items around in stumps and other places. I'm having troubles finding a place without people around. Oh and by the way I signed up after the first day of this month (2019-02-03), but I think I'm in the world 10 (I have explore the borders of half of my continent). How can I know in which world I am? Thank so much again.
Wurtag

Postby loskierek » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:27 pm

you only need to bash 1 piececof it thats 5 sticks and a few seconds and it could save you days of foraging. As far as gates go i am sure gates on fence can be lockpicked ( q10 lock wouldnt last long ). Imho its an easy early game def... also if someone spent 200k so early in the game and bashes your fance they honestly deserve your shit lol.

Also we are all on world 11 there is no w10 anymore. google for odditown hafen map and try to find yourself by looking for similar biomes
loskierek

Postby borka » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:33 pm

Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Wurtag » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:49 pm

Sorry for my ignorance and the off topic question, but if it's so how people populate so quick the world? I find this map 2 weeks ago (http://odditown.com/haven/map/) and it was already populated and moreover the map is almost entirely explored.
Wurtag

Postby borka » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:55 pm

With up to 1680 people playing you can imagine how fast a fresh world gets populated, also some ppl doing mostly nothing but mapping the first weeks and upload ... and i've seen some larger portions that are not that much populated the last days ... while others are somewhat crowded ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby loskierek » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:22 pm

Wurtag wrote:Sorry for my ignorance and the off topic question, but if it's so how people populate so quick the world? I find this map 2 weeks ago (http://odditown.com/haven/map/) and it was already populated and moreover the map is almost entirely explored.

some people spend days looking for a spot where they settle, they take into consideration natural resources, baseline quality of water, biomes, or just how the area looks lol, i prolly explored 1/4 of the continent i am on myself (hardly ever sit inside pali those days ). Also that's another thing about hafen, each new world has very high pop first few weeks until raids begin and we enter the purge...
loskierek

Next

Return to The Moot