My First Trading Voyage

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

My First Trading Voyage

Postby Vassteel » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:20 am

Oh how unprepared i was.

So in my quest to get some quick and cheap cloths and various other construction supplies to help work on my island village progress a little bit faster. I decided i would hit up the HnH Discord and put in a trade request. I got 2 bites and only one was able to offer both of the key items i was looking for Cloth and Hardened leather. Of those two both wouldnt deliver so i had to go to them. They were in the south Same as me. So i look at the map and plot out the course i would take. ( i completely overlooked a small river connection they would have cut my voyage in half) So with my course plotted out i set sail into the Great Blue Sea. I planned my route to avoid as much of the deepest ocean parts as i could. After about 30 Minuets. It happened I realized I fucked up. I failed to grasp just how big the world actually is. but i had nothing else better to do so i sailed on. 4 hours, 38 min later. I finally arrived at the requested pickup location. My knarr took 0 damage on this long trip and i was happy about that fact. I paid the man and loaded up my supplies and set sail again to deeper waters so i could study the map again desperately hoping to find a short cut. I found exactly what i was looking for a short cut that went through the middle of the southern continent.

I begun by journey up the river system. A dugout abandoned in the middle of the river was my first oh shit moment. i had gotten caught up on this unmovable dugout while a Bear was aggro pinned between the bear and the dugout i paniced and Shift clicked furiously it worked and the knarr moved up the straight stretch of river. one more swipe from that fuzzy fuck probably would have killed me. My wounds didnt end up being as bad as i thought so i patched up what i could and continued. There was trash everywhere! Carts, A wagon, dugouts galore, even the odd rowboat along the way and everything seemed to have the same mission. To get in my fuckin way. about 30 min into my trip northward through lakes and rivers. Ozzy PM's me about another trade offer and also casually mentions that the server downtime was going to happen soon. Then the lag hit me. the whole time i was playing on internet teathered to my phone and for some reason i suddenly had poor service for about 15 min. Fighting through the lag i finally made it to to Ozzy's place and unloaded my cargo to saftey.

Ozzy truly is the best 8-)

He didnt have to offer me safe harbor in the stom but he did for that im greatful. So here i am waiting for my next order to be fulfilled before i set out again on what i hope is a short and uneventful trip back home.

TLDR

Double check your navigational charts before going to sea and have a dock built before going on long trips.
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Re: My First Trading Voyage

Postby Ardennesss » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:31 am

6/10 nobody died
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Vigilance » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:12 am

0/10 bad story
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby Stoneface » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:22 am

I enjoyed reading about how difficult it is and the panic during the bear attack, wasn't bad, more spaces and punctuation, but that's nit-picky. I liked it. 7/10
Stoneface

Postby kirion » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:58 am

3.14/10 Knarr wasn't destroyed
kirion

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:58 am

it was a good story. You're all just jaded assholes. :lol:

+1 to ozzy for helping out a hearthling in need.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Agame » Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:11 am

MagicManICT wrote:it was a good story. You're all just jaded assholes. :lol:

+1 to ozzy for helping out a hearthling in need.

This. I completely agree, except the word "jaded" ;)
Vigilance wrote:just remove midgets, they suck ass and serve no function besides annoying people.

As a rule of thumb, everything that makes life easyer and less boring/grinding for players is a great idea. Everything that makes the game harder is crap coming from sadistic tendencies of Jorbtar helped by the few players with the same kind of disorders.
Agame

Postby Prowny » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:13 am

7/10

would read again
loftar wrote:The tears in this thread are so delicious
Prowny

Postby Ukhata » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:15 am

ozzy was a very good person once again
Ukhata

Postby Vassteel » Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:46 am

eheheh T_T yeah my last English class was 22 years ago. My apologies if it was a difficult read.

That being said. It was a really fun trip. I had a Celtic/Norse/Viking Playlist going on youtube which made the trip even more enjoyable. I'm kinda looking forward to the next long distance trade voyage i embark on. I'm sure once im able to build a quality knarr that voyage times will decrease.
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Next

Return to The Moot