Somebody was stealing from me

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Somebody was stealing from me

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:24 pm

Veliaf wrote:Well regardless if I somehow left the gate open, somebody still stole from me with Trespassing skill on my claim, to pettily steal leather and such from me, which was poor quality.

D-do you not realize that the guy saying that is the guy who stole from you?
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Veliaf » Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:18 am

Haho9 wrote:
Veliaf wrote:Image

Well here's the base. As I've explained before, the claim doesn't go up to the Heart, all gates have locks, no visitor gates and all Hearth Fires belong to me, my friend and my alt. My friend hasn't played and I've asked him and trust him with the keys, still with him (He's too dumb to be able to make new ones, introduced him to the game).

You can quite clearly see that your gate to the outside opens inward (EDIT) my bad, its backwards. The garden gate opens inward. point still stands though, as the garden is not palisaded (/EDIT). Someone with a slave key can gain access easily. Both gates need to be positioned like the gate to your garden area. I would suggest alt-vaulting all valuables/ items you don't want stolen until you can either bash and rebuild the gate properly, or encircle your base with another palisade layer with the gates properly built.

Well like I said, I didn't bother with air-tight locks or doing the thing with the slave keys for now, since my base was only like a fresh one. Nobody else had a key besides me and my friend who rarely logs in the game, and is too dumb to be able to make copies. My lock wasn't too high quality either, so picklocking wouldn't have taken that much with Trespassing, now that I think about it. Nothing was really taken from the garden anyway.

Edit: And I should've said this earlier, but I planned to expand, yes. But it wasn't going to be at the Heart, didn't seem like a proper area anyways. And I would've done so with the leather that was in the cabinet that was stolen from me, so...
Veliaf

Postby Raffeh » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:21 pm

Cant lock pick gates, they can be wooden lock 1ql doesnt change anything ... only house doors and chests matter.
TRAITORS WILL BE SHOT.
Raffeh

Postby Veliaf » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:19 pm

Raffeh wrote:Cant lock pick gates, they can be wooden lock 1ql doesnt change anything ... only house doors and chests matter.

Oh yeah, forgot about that.
Veliaf

Postby Veliaf » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:20 pm

dOn'T cLaIM loCAl ReSourCes

Why me then? Seriously. That ain't mine, btw.
Veliaf

Postby Hrenli » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:29 pm

Veliaf wrote:Why me then? Seriously. That ain't mine, btw.

It is not claimed though. You could gather the salt from it if there was any left without a crime.
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby Veliaf » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:33 pm

Hrenli wrote:

It is not claimed though. You could gather the salt from it if there was any left without a crime.

Yeah, but someone here pointed out that I was appearently claiming a Heart of Woods, even though the claim area didn't go over it, saying that it's dickish to put claim over those. Call me petty, but if those people know I live near a one and then claim that it's morally wrong for me to claim (even if a I didn't), a resource. Yet this guy get's off the hook, doing it deliberately? Yeah, nice.
Veliaf

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:11 pm

Veliaf wrote:Yeah, but someone here pointed out that I was appearently claiming a Heart of Woods, even though the claim area didn't go over it, saying that it's dickish to put claim over those. Call me petty, but if those people know I live near a one and then claim that it's morally wrong for me to claim (even if a I didn't), a resource. Yet this guy get's off the hook, doing it deliberately? Yeah, nice.

People don't need an excuse to be a dick. People don't need an excuse to cheer on said dicks. They just like making up excuses to feel better about themselves, either for being a dick or for rooting for others.

If you have the balls to claim such a resource for your own personal/village use, the more power to you.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Jessie » Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:37 pm

Veliaf wrote:
Hrenli wrote:

Yeah, but someone here pointed out that I was appearently claiming a Heart of Woods, even though the claim area didn't go over it, saying that it's dickish to put claim over those. Call me petty, but if those people know I live near a one and then claim that it's morally wrong for me to claim (even if a I didn't), a resource. Yet this guy get's off the hook, doing it deliberately? Yeah, nice.

Nobody actually accused you of it, they just asked if you had.

My money is on your friend, if my 'friend' kept saying i was 'too dumb' to do stuff, id be annoyed enough to cause him some issues.
Jessie

Postby anon737 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:02 pm

Some people have alts babysitting local resources, logging in only to gather them after they spawn and log out afterwards. So it is possible you built your palisade on the spot where a guy logged out before you started building your base. Not sure why there was no scents, maybe time had passed.
anon737

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot