Local Lad Sends AD Bois on Wild Goose Chase

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Local Lad Sends AD Bois on Wild Goose Chase

Postby BreastInspectorPI » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:47 am

I wasn't going to post about this but after telling some friends they really wanted me to share this story from today.

So a few days ago a wreckingball was left at my humble hearthvault hermitage. They had placed two hearthfires outside of my walls and
I couldn't see the scent of vandalism from when they had placed the wreckingball down (because of my low levels), so instead I just quickly disposed of the wreckingball and hearthfires and moved on with my day.

A nidbane was sent shortly afterwards.

I engaged the ghost and to my surprise it died within only a few punches.
It went a little something like this.

At this point it was pretty clear to me that whatever I had done these people were pretty butthurt about it.
I logged out for the night after successfully defending my teritoryah :!:

Some more time passed (at this point it had been about 4 days iirc) and I was greeted with a battering ram and a naked alt scouting my walls.

I have nothing in my vault, not even basic things like wood, tools (like a saw, important later) and even food. After reading over the patch notes on siege changes I realized that hand bashing the ram would take 4 RL hours or some dumb shit so I was forced to go out and gather materials for an archery tower.

Unfortunately, my first attempt to bring supplies back was a failure since on my way I happened to boat into the raiding party's knarr. There was one sombrero wearing bandit out by himself in the deep ocean. Bad luck for me (RIP my forage alt and his 2 traveling sacks)

At this point I was getting a little worried. I had seen the raider and he had seen me. This was going to make my future supply run attempts really really tricky.

I knew of an nearby abandoned base that I would be able to gather more rope and cloth from for my archery tower. I had a plan. It was to yeet my fresh alt through the gates as fast as possible before they would have time to yell in Discord after entering their render.

Since I had no wood inside my walls I knew that I would have to do a few YOLO runs in and out to complete the archery tower. I decided to just wing and see what happened.

When I arrived with the first supply drop of cloth and rope there was no one waiting for me. On top of that, they had even hand-delivered the wood that I needed right to my gates ¦]

I guess their scout was slow to respond because I managed to open my gates and slip inside with all of the logs uncontested.
I thanked their scout character in area chat for the assist, and then I went inside my house to begin chopping blocks and sawing the remaining boards.

I had everything that I needed! I had won again!
Or so I thought.

I immediately realized that I had no saw or any bones/boughs inside the walls. I would be unable to get the last 10 required boards to destroy their ram. I had to go back outside. At this point their scout character was back and watching me move around inside my walls.

This is when things started getting nuts.

I sent my alt outside on a log boat and strangled a rabbit for a saw. I then quickly made my way back to my gates where my main character was waiting with the gate key.

I went up on shore, I opened the door and as I was running inside the raider came out from off screen in a really fast knarr. I was fumbling with 2 clients open and so he was able to run in with me before I close my gate again.

These are from my discord messages to my friend:
The dude chased me inside my vault when I was running in.
He attacked me but I managed to go up and down the staircase until I lost combat with him. I slept in a bed but realized he would still be able to hit me in there if I was outlawed. I logged back on and he instantly re-attacked me. I got around him in my cellar and went back up the stairs while he was stacking coins. I ran straight out of my non-visitor gate and locked his ass inside lmao :lol:

And there he stood. Trapped in my walls, redhanded, with his knarr parked out front ¦]

I hopped in my coracle in search of a safe place to wait out his red-handed status and to get my hands on more building materials/tools. My hope was that he would wait an hour, hearth home, and then I'd be able to hearth back inside safely with a full invent of archery tower bits.

I knew of an old vault nearby that was decaying and so I boated there, repaired some broken wall segments and waited out the hour.

During this time, more showed up at my vault.

I guess they realized that my character wasn't inside because they left shortly after in the direction of my main character. They arrived on screen, began bashing the decaying walls immediately, and I hearthed. Again, luckily for me, the trapped raider inside of my vault's redhanded must have worn off at the same time because when I appeared inside, he was no where to be found.

Safe at last :mrgreen:

I now had a boat full of supplies and a quiver full of arrows with me inside of the vault. I crafted and loaded my archery tower and within 5 minutes the AD boys were back at my walls.

We exchanged words for the first time (I'm pink) and shortly after, they hearthed home.

The ram was destroyed within an hour, and I was able to sleep peacefully yet again in my lair.

Thank you for reading about my busy morning
BreastInspectorPI

Re: Local Lad Sends AD Bois on Wild Goose Chase

Postby loleznub » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:21 am

Why's someone using a proxy account to post in the Moot?
loleznub

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:05 am

"Big AD BOYS"? oh, cmon...
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Headchef » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:25 am

Nice story many words nothing happend boring read siege is dead and fuck the addition of archery towers
Headchef

Postby dageir » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:44 am

Headchef wrote:Nice story many words nothing happend boring read siege is dead and fuck the addition of archery towers

Still this is the most exciting thing happening this world since the "dill-scandal".
dageir

Postby Prowny » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:31 am

I enjoyed it. So, one hermit character can defend a village against a group of well armed raiders with knarrs? :D
loftar wrote:The tears in this thread are so delicious
Prowny

Postby Kaios » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:57 am

Thanks for the read, BreastInspectorPI
Kaios

Postby Headchef » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:27 am

Prowny wrote:I enjoyed it. So, one hermit character can defend a village against a group of well armed raiders with knarrs? :D

Noone siege anything ever unless people are blind and don't see wballs or simply inactive.

If not inactive the only way you can siege is if you deprive them from getting archery tower materials for 24h which is not worth.

(For situation like this, that is because a main village would always have materials for this and therefore it's completely pointless to siege in general)

Also nice how you fail to mention the only reason you were being watched by us is that you harass local noobs and try to fuck with a well from old village )) and then write up this huge story which content is nothing after all...

But atleast kaios like it because he can get a break from W11 is bad thread and because this time the big bad faction don't "win" because you just sit in walls. This pleases the Kaios because he is also a noob who cannot do anything back so instead of saying this is an empty thread he says he like it just because a noob write it )
Headchef

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:46 am

To be fair ... it was nice to have something to read on the forum other than C&I and why Haven is or isn't failing. It was also kinda funny in places. :)

I did wonder why AD would be bothering with it in the first place, but it would seem Headchef has addressed that now and I was curious as to why the walls are decaying in a couple of places, had it been inactive for some time?
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Kaios » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:28 pm

Headchef wrote:But atleast kaios like it because he can get a break from W11 is bad thread and because this time the big bad faction don't "win" because you just sit in walls. This pleases the Kaios because he is also a noob who cannot do anything back so instead of saying this is an empty thread he says he like it just because a noob write it

What do you want am I not allowed to express my approval of something interesting? Man I would love to be able to make just one post on this forum without some faggot bitching at me.
Kaios

Next

Return to The Moot