Bug abusing rage alts in the SW.

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Bug abusing rage alts in the SW.

Postby MagicManICT » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:47 am

NeoRed9 wrote:I'm of a dissenting opinion. If you use a custom client(I do and switched when the crash made the game unplayable) you have to accept it, warts and all.

If you use a mod, it's the player's responsibility to verify that it is up-to-date and not going to cause harm to their game.

So far, I don't see anything other than the technical issue that came up the other night. If there's evidence of another bug and it hasn't been reported, then not only should villages be nuked, but all related accounts should get banned. If that means your little brother loses his account, too, because there's no way to distinguish you from him, then guess you should have thought about that before abusing the system.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby ShadowPWNSyou » Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:25 am

Fair points, I do agree using a custom client is your own responsibility.
ShadowPWNSyou

Postby ubersheva » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:17 am

Hey, I know this base near swamp. I live nearby and seen all kind of scents around the area, that tracked to this base.
ubersheva

Postby loftar » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:08 pm

NeoRed9 wrote:I'm of a dissenting opinion. If you use a custom client(I do and switched when the crash made the game unplayable) you have to accept it, warts and all.

That is true in and of itself, but it doesn't really excuse other people knowingly exploiting known issues in that client. However, in this case, it's looking more and more likely that it really is just a case of them unwittingly crashing others with the expired certificate.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Previous

Return to The Moot