Killed by a knarr full of bots

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Killed by a knarr full of bots

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:15 pm

Why run around in a coracle? They're slower than dugouts. And it doesn't have to be bots. It's the way boat to boat combat works currently, and it's a huge flaw in the system. Yes, it has been recognized. No idea when a fix (if any) will be available.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Makzul78 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:17 pm

VDZ wrote:I think the root issue here is the stupid effectiveness of sheer numbers regardless of how powerful the characters actually are.

Best quote here. Even harmless ants can raise 100 openings on developed character in a matter of seconds if gathered in a group. Fighting two enemies is 4 times more difficult than fighting one. Even if it is intended, I don't believe that naked alts should be able to take down a developed character so fast.
My solution? Fix vessels' hitbox so that a limited number of crew members can target enemies on a different vessel. A better solution in my opinion would be to remove sea combat completely, only allowing to fight if you are on the same vessel as the enemy.
Please consider.
jorb wrote:Inb4 red bounding boxes, movement indication vectors, &c&c. Bye art, hello matrix, tru pvp4lyfe #winning.
Makzul78

Postby Mario_Demorez » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:25 pm

Makzul78 wrote:
VDZ wrote:I think the root issue here is the stupid effectiveness of sheer numbers regardless of how powerful the characters actually are.

Best quote here. Even harmless ants can raise 100 openings on developed character in a matter of seconds if gathered in a group. Fighting two enemies is 4 times more difficult than fighting one. Even if it is intended, I don't believe that naked alts should be able to take down a developed character so fast.
My solution? Fix vessels' hitbox so that a limited number of crew members can target enemies on a different vessel. A better solution in my opinion would be to remove sea combat completely, only allowing to fight if you are on the same vessel as the enemy.
Please consider.

Ya fix where sea combat isn't so dumb.
Mario_Demorez

Postby MightySheep » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:38 pm

lol

hope u werent far into the credo
MightySheep

Postby vatas » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:43 pm

Discussion shoudl probably migrate here: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=68337
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:11 pm

vatas wrote:Discussion shoudl probably migrate here: viewtopic.php?f=66&t=68337

One might say that should be moved here since this was the first thread about it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby shubla » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:16 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
vatas wrote:Discussion shoudl probably migrate here: http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/vie ... 66&t=68337

One might say that should be moved here since this was the first thread about it.

I think 2 threads are good, because both have good OP's and kind of separate discussion.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby loleznub » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:02 pm

If you're doing Nomad credo, you should be using a knarr/snekkja. No reason to ever use a coracle in deep water like you were.

100% avoidable

But the amount of autism to actually do that in the first place (the bots and shit) is pretty sad too.
loleznub

Postby vnsmirnov » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:26 pm

Silver for the Ferryman - if it carried to the hearth! Many would be saved.
vnsmirnov

Postby Astarisk » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:33 pm

vnsmirnov wrote:Silver for the Ferryman - if it carried to the hearth! Many would be saved.

Just steal it off them before you bash the boat.....
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot