PSA: Lock your gates

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: PSA: Lock your gates

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:28 pm

Whisper wrote:In the end, haven is an ancap game, whcih is incompatible with the idea of having unrelated people prosecuting crimes.

It was more about creating PvP moments and drama on the forums. Nobody really gave a crap about who was right and wrong, just doing it for the lulz. Find a scent? Track it and kill the target, or antagonize them into doing something stupid or silly. Repeat. I think it's more a player population problem rather than a mechanics problem in some regards, but that's a discussion for another thread (one that we've had multiple times in C&I).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Massa » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:30 am

MagicManICT wrote:I'm not sure if I should /facepalm or /roflmfao. Hope it was worth the effort. (Are there even any rangers left in this game anymore?)

This game never had rangers.

Haven didn't even really.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Massa » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:58 am

Whisper wrote:haven is an ancap game, whcih is incompatible with the idea of having unrelated people prosecuting crimes.

the fuck is this take

are you learning about politics from youtube comments on folk music? what kind of input even is this

anyway not getting epic hot sauce ranger'd by some larping kid every time you steal some random shitshack's 5 leather while you're zooming around doing other shit is a good thing
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby BigCountry » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:50 pm

Dont matter. OP raiders just bring rams in destroy you claims. Take all your shit. No way to defend. It's why only a few 100 people left playing this game. lol
BigCountry

Postby Massa » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:40 pm

BigCountry wrote:Dont matter. OP raiders just bring rams in destroy you claims. Take all your shit. No way to defend. It's why only a few 100 people left playing this game. lol

if you're unwilling to lose time, effort, fake items, or everything in a game built around survival, permadeath, combat, hostility, and crime it really begs the question why you started

are you in the business of playing farmville?
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby BigCountry » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:23 pm

yeah yeah yeah....

enough with the larping.

once you can start grenade tossing rams and reach enough god mode stats, you can roam around and bulldoze about anyone in the game overnight... Most gods do it due to simple and utter boredom from the game at that point... It's why the world always wipes/resets. That's the only way to make money off the horrible ass sieging mechanics is to start over and buy people more time to waste lol
BigCountry

Postby Massa » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:22 am

BigCountry wrote:yeah yeah yeah....

enough with the larping.

once you can start grenade tossing rams and reach enough god mode stats, you can roam around and bulldoze about anyone in the game overnight... Most gods do it due to simple and utter boredom from the game at that point... It's why the world always wipes/resets. That's the only way to make money off the horrible ass sieging mechanics is to start over and buy people more time to waste lol

i'm somehow the one larping

it's a pvp game shitter, the unemployed autistic eastern europeans ALWAYS win free pvp games

but you're right, and there's no particular way to fix it without a lot of weird catchup mechanics
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Vigilance » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:16 am

holy shit imagine playing this game for a pvp element, robbing people and shit

you people are absolutely terrible to one another. i've never so much as looked unkindly at another player in my life, and seeing you people do it is despicable.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby BigCountry » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:06 pm

I have played this game a long time. It's not a PVP game. Hell its not even close..lol

It's a hording/base building sandbox game. The only PvP is people trying to AFK horde each other's shit!! haha

Far as sword versus sword? No way. Not with the perma death. That shit is avoided like covid19!!!!!!! hahahaa
BigCountry

Postby Massa » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:54 pm

BigCountry wrote:I have played this game a long time. It's not a PVP game. Hell its not even close..lol

It's a hording/base building sandbox game. The only PvP is people trying to AFK horde each other's shit!! haha

Far as sword versus sword? No way. Not with the perma death. That shit is avoided like covid19!!!!!!! hahahaa

imagine taking when you're this fucking clueless
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot