Found battering ram on my claim and got assaulted

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Found battering ram on my claim and got assaulted

Postby TheRussianB » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:20 pm

jeremybender wrote:were you shot from a catapult? AFAIK, catapults shouldn't harm hearthlings. Or they do?

Yeah they can if you stand still. Which I did because I alt-tabbed from my alt.
TheRussianB

Postby Hauk » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:43 pm

Yeah never go afk from your alt if you're waiting on an attack or could be attacked. My neighbor went afk while robbing me last world. I found him when I logged in so I killed him, robbed him and dumped his keys in the river and body in the ocean. After I had helped him get started the asshole deserved far worse the ungrateful git
Hauk

Postby TheRussianB » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:35 am

Hauk wrote:Yeah never go afk from your alt if you're waiting on an attack or could be attacked. My neighbor went afk while robbing me last world. I found him when I logged in so I killed him, robbed him and dumped his keys in the river and body in the ocean. After I had helped him get started the asshole deserved far worse the ungrateful git

Yeah, unfortunately I was about to get off due to some obligations when I discovered the battering ram and had to juggle the raid and real life stuff so I panicked and made some bad decisions. Somebody tracked the scents and found that they came from the north west, not north east like I initially suspected. The guys northeast in Haven Forge have actually been reasonably nice/neutral to me.

Your neighbor sounds like a prick.
TheRussianB

Postby Gerdgen » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:42 am

Make sure to inherit from your ancestor! You'll probably get a state funeral soon
Gerdgen

Postby TheRussianB » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:12 am

Gerdgen wrote:Make sure to inherit from your ancestor! You'll probably get a state funeral soon

I did on my main, will do it on my alt as well. Thanks for the reminder!

Also, for more info, a friendly neighbor tracked the scents to the Grindr village north west of me.

https://odditown.com/haven/map/#x=16.78&y=1.93&zoom=9
TheRussianB

Postby rsbelza » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:36 am

There the ones who blocked the river with two knarrs xD
rsbelza

Postby TheRussianB » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:19 pm

Looks like I got a state burial, tyvm Pride.
TheRussianB

Postby AriZona » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:16 pm

MagicManICT wrote:PvP is the endgame. Control of the realm is the ultimate goal. Don't we usually have a "grand winner" thread at the end of every world?

:) I think such an opinion is unfounded. Do a poll and we will see. I bet 90% do not see PvP as their endgame or even a part of their game at all. Thus PvP as an endgame is in an aternate reality of devs ignoring what ppl are actually after. It is like some kids come to kick sandcastles others have built. That tells a picture I believe...
AriZona

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:44 pm

AriZona wrote:PvP as an endgame is in an aternate reality of devs ignoring what ppl are actually after.

I'd say it's more that some of the players are living in an alternate reality of "this is what I want, and the developer must cater to my whims." Even if you have 10000 people agreeing with you, it doesn't make you right, it only means that you have a desire that you want fulfilled. It's not anyone's job to fulfill that desire other than yours.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Gerdgen » Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:34 am

TheRussianB wrote:Looks like I got a state burial, tyvm Pride.

Guess again!
Gerdgen

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot