New recruit horror stories?

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

New recruit horror stories?

Postby Hutchen » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:29 pm

Anyone have any horror stories on letting new people join them, and then BOOM you log in one day and theres a whole mess, because of this new recruit?
Hutchen

Re: New recruit horror stories?

Postby Massa » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:53 pm

Hutchen wrote:Anyone have any horror stories on letting new people join them, and then BOOM you log in one day and theres a whole mess, because of this new recruit?

no

by around world 3 people learned to not ever let anyone they didn't trust their mother with into their village

barring big fucking villages that had such tight security they couldn't get fucked up in particular
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Vigilance » Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:51 am

pretty much only wildly unsecured villages and newbies still get destroyed by infiltration

the worst you usually get is some airhead coming in like his shit dont stink and then having to oust them the next day
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby vatas » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:48 am

I had basically quit the w7 (current Legacy) but browsed forums, someone was running what seemed like complete newbie group and I joined out of curiosity. The founder/leader turned out to be complete noob, (s)he butchered a bear with no survival and good tool TWICE before we decided to migrate into a new place. Once we've made the relatively long trek there, (s)he allows guy who named their character "Adolpho Hitlero" join. We all go to bed, he takes what he can fit into two liftables in rowboat, and destroys everything else and even posted a video about it on Youtube I think. IIRC people mostly responded with "good job griefing people who barely had leather."

Jokes on him though since if he had made character with non-offensive name he most likely would've been recruited with us to some pro-players side village where he could've done some real damage. Unfortunately we all got kicked out anyway just days later after the group founder/leader managed to get killed because of AFKing near the outer walls* where some passerby was able to kill them with a ranged weapon. The person who owned the village got really mad** and had already been on the edge if recruiting whole squad of newbies was a good idea, and decided to kick us all out.

*IIRC (s)he claimed to have fallen asleep while doing schoolwork with the game still open
**I think the reasoning was somewhere along lines of "you've demonstrated, possibly to a big group of players, that this village has people you can grief easily, therefore making us a target now."
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Return to The Moot