Breaking free from our chains

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Breaking free from our chains

Postby cherryquartz » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:56 am

shumbma wrote:
cherryquartz wrote:
shumbma wrote:hello please can we make ban for hacker SNUGGLENAIL he kill my ingame and i cannot play this is abusing me and illegal for games i will report so i hope my friends to come together for PROTEST this behavior to cause game makers big change PLEASE

LOL illegal? How?

he is making to charge money for play game and delet me from chat with hacking bots!!!!!!!!!!!!!! friend shubla tell me with discord post here because this SNUGGLESNAIL player makes ILLEGAL hacks so many player must post so jorb can see!!!!

You're hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:
cherryquartz

Postby Virs » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:35 pm

Snuggle actually thinks In Vitro stands for pizza restaurant.
Virs

Postby vatas » Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:50 pm

The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Procne » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:35 pm

It feels to me that HnH is the kind of game where pitchfork crowd can at most get themselves killed and find their freedom in death, if facing even a single person, who knows what they're doing.

Is that the purpose of this thread? To organise some slaughter for giggles? I'm sorry, I don't follow the politics much, so dunno who the OP, or other speakers are. Did I get trolled?
Procne

Postby BoxingRock » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:25 pm

Procne wrote:It feels to me that HnH is the kind of game where pitchfork crowd can at most get themselves killed and find their freedom in death, if facing even a single person, who knows what they're doing.

Is that the purpose of this thread? To organise some slaughter for giggles? I'm sorry, I don't follow the politics much, so dunno who the OP, or other speakers are. Did I get trolled?

Shubla and a couple of mostly new players that he roped in to being his friend have set out on a long-term mission slash coping mechanism to call for Snail's banning.

An incredible effort stretched over many weeks so far, all despite shubla's similar botting antics being unarguably more detrimental to new players, and a way farther stretch away from what is generally considered to be within the realm of using ingame mechanics how they were meant to be used.

Snail is literally using only the most benign ingame mechanics (the useless ingame chat which people can tab out of with 1 click) within the confines of its intended use, and with this tool alone she has made some people so incredibly angry that they have taken to making multiple accounts to post hateful comments calling for her to be punished.

tl;dr shubla and a few ignorant people who have been manipulated by him are REALLY super mad about being muted in a private realm chat that they broke the rules in

it's so embarrassing
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:59 pm

BoxingRock wrote:Snail is literally using only the most benign ingame mechanics (the useless ingame chat which people can tab out of with 1 click) within the confines of its intended use, and with this tool alone she has made some people so incredibly angry that they have taken to making multiple accounts to post hateful comments calling for her to be punished.

I think you're missing more than a few parts of this whole drama. If it was a case of simply using realm chat as an in-game bot organization method, then such could be achieved with simply a coronation stone and a minimum sized realm. Instead, we have much, much more going on. I'm not saying you have the basic idea wrong, just not seeing the whole picture. For what it's worth, it if was simply this, there are better means of organizing automation communication that doesn't rely on certain points of failure, like private IRC channels and such. Realms can always be removed, be it by player or dev intervention.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby BoxingRock » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:26 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
BoxingRock wrote:Snail is literally using only the most benign ingame mechanics (the useless ingame chat which people can tab out of with 1 click) within the confines of its intended use, and with this tool alone she has made some people so incredibly angry that they have taken to making multiple accounts to post hateful comments calling for her to be punished.

I think you're missing more than a few parts of this whole drama. If it was a case of simply using realm chat as an in-game bot organization method, then such could be achieved with simply a coronation stone and a minimum sized realm. Instead, we have much, much more going on. I'm not saying you have the basic idea wrong, just not seeing the whole picture. For what it's worth, it if was simply this, there are better means of organizing automation communication that doesn't rely on certain points of failure, like private IRC channels and such. Realms can always be removed, be it by player or dev intervention.

While I'm sure that some people might enjoy the input of a fancy green name in their threads, I will courteously request that you keep your regular desire for input to a bare minimum when it comes to ingame politics, specifically those in which you have an incredibly biased conflict of interest

"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:23 pm

Nothing fancy about a green name. I'm just another one of the community. Granted I have a bit more authority, but I have little sway over the game. I've told jorb more than a few occasions that if the "title" gets in the way of me enjoying the game, the title goes. I enjoy helping out, but I refuse to let myself get bogged down in other people's issues. I'm sure more than a few people would just love to see me step down.

I personally find this whole thing abominable. However, as it stands, it's a legitimate part of the game if someone feels a need to abuse it like that. We, as players, have to step up and do our part. I'm not a grand leader. Never have been, no desire to be. Leadership is for chumps that have ego issues.

For what it's worth, I sent that message to different member of the community. I don't think I've hidden my disdain for what has been done, but I really don't feel like throwing my lot in with a bunch of randoms, either. Also, I thought I knew who I was sending the message to, but clearly I didn't.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby iamahh » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:14 pm

sounds like BoxingRock is the one who is new around or has fish memory... Realm Chat is the lesser damage Snail's autism inflicted upon current world...
iamahh

Postby cherryquartz » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:56 am

MagicManICT wrote:

I'm just curious as to what else you think is going on?
cherryquartz

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot