World 12 realms

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: World 12 realms

Postby loftar » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:03 pm

shubla wrote:Insecure HTTP elements are automatically upgraded to HTTPS url elements as discussed before

Right, that was how it worked. Frankly sounds kinda stupid to upgrade even external elements. I could understand upgrading links to the same origin.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Ag_Revol » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:26 pm

So realms were basically a multiplayer snake game with Irminsuls and stones being fruits? Sounds about right
Make Kebabs Great Again!
W6-8 - Hermit
W9 - Amish Paradise
W10 - Amish Paradise then Hermit
W11 - A.D.
W12 - Lawspeaker of Avalon
W13 - Konung of Norsca
W14 - Konung of Norsca
Ag_Revol

Postby mulamishne » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:33 pm

shubla wrote:
talon00302 wrote:
shubla wrote:I hope that W13 will be something different.
It seems like at first 1000 cairns were botted and after that no change or anything happened.

I know for a fact that BB never botted this world, stop your crying already.

I dont care. The fact is that it looks like botting. If its actually not botting but done by group of literal no lifers who build cairns 16 hours a day and the result is same as botting. I don't see it any different.

Building a cairn was too easy when compared to destroying itt.

People who put more effort in should receive more reward, arguing against that is insane. If botting isn't the issue, are you just mad at players who are more dedicated/better than you?
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby shubla » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:42 pm

mulamishne wrote:People who put more effort in should receive more reward,

Yes but the rewards shouldn't scale infinitely and lineasrly. In this case for example, the difficulty of the expansion should rapidly rise that no matter how much you play, one realm cannot conquer the whole world.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Astarisk » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:59 pm

shubla wrote:

Yes but the rewards shouldn't scale infinitely and lineasrly. In this case for example, the difficulty of the expansion should rapidly rise that no matter how much you play, one realm cannot conquer the whole world.

Whudda thunk that the faction with 10~ people, who enjoy and play the game consistently, out expanded the faction(s) with 100~ people whose primary goal in the game is just to PvP and quits at the first sign of decline. Sounds like one group was willing to put forth the effort over another. But I could also inversely just ask, if realm expansion is so easy, Where is your realm? :roll:
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby mulamishne » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:00 pm

shubla wrote:

Ahh, you must have missed the patch where they prevented this from happening in the future by adding an authority cost to creating new realm structures. Might not matter in the next world with massive realm changes though.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby shubla » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:05 pm

Astarisk wrote:Sounds like one group was willing to put forth the effort over another

This one group should be banned for life from this game and all their accounts with hats etc. deleted.
Astarisk wrote:Where is your realm? :roll:

Why should I make a realm?
Ahh, you must have missed the patch where they prevented this from happening in the future by adding an authority cost to creating new realm structures.

Pity they couldn't apply it to current realms. We'll see how things work out in next world, hopefully differently.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MightySheep » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:07 pm

Lol its a 2 minute 19 sec video but the handful of people who gave a fuck had already gotten bored of it by the 25 second mark
Astarisk wrote:Whudda thunk that the faction with 10~ people, who enjoy and play the game consistently, out expanded the faction(s) with 100~ people whose primary goal in the game is just to PvP and quits at the first sign of decline. Sounds like one group was willing to put forth the effort over another. But I could also inversely just ask, if realm expansion is so easy, Where is your realm? :roll:

Shublas comments is dumb as usual but regarding realm expansion its not even a matter of effort. Its like a choice between actually playing the game or engaging in the pure autism that is the realm mechanics of this world. The size of your faction, strength of industry, pvp strength etc all those things were irrelevant in the face of these realm mechanics you cant blame people for not wanting to participate in an autism slap fight.

Your guys did do a good job of show how awful the realm mechanics were to the attention of devs though now hopefully this rework will be less shit.
Last edited by MightySheep on Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MightySheep

Postby Burinn » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:07 pm

shubla wrote:
Astarisk wrote:Where is your realm? :roll:

Why should I make a realm?
'

Shubla-Burinn realm ? ? ?
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby Astarisk » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:54 pm

MightySheep wrote:Lol its a 2 minute 19 sec video but the handful of people who gave a fuck had already gotten bored of it by the 25 second mark
Astarisk wrote:Whudda thunk that the faction with 10~ people, who enjoy and play the game consistently, out expanded the faction(s) with 100~ people whose primary goal in the game is just to PvP and quits at the first sign of decline. Sounds like one group was willing to put forth the effort over another. But I could also inversely just ask, if realm expansion is so easy, Where is your realm? :roll:

Shublas comments is dumb as usual but regarding realm expansion its not even a matter of effort. Its like a choice between actually playing the game or engaging in the pure autism that is the realm mechanics of this world. The size of your faction, strength of industry, pvp strength etc all those things were irrelevant in the face of these realm mechanics you cant blame people for not wanting to participate in an autism slap fight.

Your guys did do a good job of show how awful the realm mechanics were to the attention of devs though now hopefully this rework will be less shit.

It shows off a different set of skills than that of just grinding stats and zerging others with numbers. None of you understand the amount of strategy, timing, logistics, background politics, pre-planning and everything else that went towards making the project a success. You just see the realm as it is without any thought into how the realm came to be.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot