Homeless bandits run

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Homeless bandits run

Postby honeythief » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:48 am

Population is still high enough for this to be possible, so might as well try it while we can.
The main reason of doing this is taking part in pvp part of the game while not trying to compete with big factions and refusing to use palisades that save you from any danger the moment you get behind the gate.

The main principles of this playstyle:
-We're not allowed to claim any land.
-We're not allowed to build walls/gates or hide behind ones.
-Frequent attacks on other players and attempted raids.
-The main way of acquiring gear is looting.
-No playing with people's trust. We're bandits, but attacking people after purposedly pretending to be friendly is just being a dick.

Requirements:
-High pain tolerance

Either reply here, PM me or PM me your discord tag.

https://youtu.be/BJhF0L7pfo8
honeythief

Re: Homeless bandits run

Postby lwdragon » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:42 am

Not sure if you trolling or never played this game. You gonna be dead after your first crimes, so good luck )))
lwdragon

Postby terechgracz » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:42 am

lwdragon wrote:Not sure if you trolling or never played this game. You gonna be dead after your first crimes, so good luck )))

They are going to buy rage and go fight with 15 mc probably stealing lvl 2 clogs and sprucecaps XD.
terechgracz

Postby honeythief » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:12 pm

lwdragon wrote:Not sure if you trolling or never played this game. You gonna be dead after your first crimes, so good luck )))

Could be. Heavily depends on your stealth and how tracking interacts with cave levels and buildings.

terechgracz wrote:They are going to buy rage and go fight with 15 mc probably stealing lvl 2 clogs and sprucecaps XD.

You're underestimating sheer numbers.
honeythief

Postby lwdragon » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:57 pm

honeythief wrote:

Could be. Heavily depends on your stealth and how tracking interacts with cave levels and buildings.

terechgracz wrote:They are going to buy rage and go fight with 15 mc probably stealing lvl 2 clogs and sprucecaps XD.

You're underestimating sheer numbers.

What i mean, such RP game style not possible here. First what you gonna eat to gain attributes? Stuff, that you find in forests? It means average sprucecaps gonna have better attributes than you. Second, assuming you not gonna have study table and no access to good curios to study, so then your skills gonna be low af, because you not gonna have lp for that. And third, sprucecaps have nothing valuble to steal from them, and forth - dosent matter where you gonna hide, still you can be traced down.
Anyway im just saying, still feel free to try :)
lwdragon

Postby honeythief » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:12 pm

lwdragon wrote:What i mean, such RP game style not possible here.

No idea what seeking challenge in your gameplay has to do with roleplaying.

lwdragon wrote:FEPs/LP

I doubt that hiding behind palisades gives you any buffs to these, everything else that does affect LP and FEPs can be present.

lwdragon wrote:And third, sprucecaps have nothing valuble to steal from them

True, but other people exist too.

lwdragon wrote: and forth - dosent matter where you gonna hide, still you can be traced down.

That's true and very crippling, but i believe that there are still things that can help us hide from trackers for long enough. Atleast i believe we should try to do that.
honeythief

Postby AntiBlitz » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:54 pm

the mechanics of this game, currently dont allow you to play in the style in which you would like to. Sorry, but its not gonna happen, you could potentially attempt to have stupid high amounts of stealth, but you guys arent going to achieve that without having a base to provide you the feps for this. Hiding in a cave somewhere with all ur fat lewts of wooden cups and forks, while red handed for days on end is asking for someone to come along and kill you while you are offline.
AntiBlitz

Postby abt79 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:07 am

Lmao hiding behind a pali gives massive advantages to LP/FEPs in the form of:
>Study desks
>farming, animal raising, and especially cheesemaking
>metal industry
>furniture/symbel feasting

I wish HnH was a game that allowed this playstyle but it just isn’t. Good luck I guess
abt79

Postby shubla » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:10 am

Good luck on your journey.
You would be surprised how many playstyles this game allows. (I've seen long lasting RP settlements with no walls)
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby honeythief » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:10 am

abt79 wrote:Lmao hiding behind a pali gives massive advantages to LP/FEPs in the form of:
>Study desks
>farming, animal raising, and especially cheesemaking
>metal industry
>furniture/symbel feasting

I want to believe that these things can exist even outside of palisades, don't make me cry.

AntiBlitz wrote:This is not how you should play the game

People also told me that scamming people in D&T isn't the right way to play the game, but here i am.

Found one guy, still looking for more.
honeythief

Next

Return to Dwarves & Thieves