Established town seeking players of all experience levels

Company of Dwarves seeking thief for dangerous mission. Find a group or village to play with here.

Established town seeking players of all experience levels

Postby Apocoreo » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:35 pm

A long, long time ago on a continent far away, stood a town called Fostral. It was much beloved by the surrounding region as it offered a high quality public well (67 as of several months ago). Sadly, the owner went inactive. Someone new moved in, and while they were welcomed by the locals, they restricted access to the well, to the dismay of all. This remained until the Oppidians came along.

The Oppidians were settlers from the Fat Dragon continent. Seeking a closer connection with the locals, they besieged the squatter, only to find them completely inactive. Enemy defenses were swept aside without resistance, and an Oppidian claim was set with open access to draw from the well. Tragically, it was not to be. The Oppidians awoke to find the well destroyed and a ram set in its place. The claim had yet to dry, and the unknown foe was able to ram clean through the well's gates without leaving scents. If they and they alone could not have it, no one could.

We were not to be kept down though. The well has been restored, with locals contributing experience to upgrade it (currently q58). Not only that, but claim has been expanded to encompass the town, the walls restored, the gates rebuilt and resecured, and a public orchard planted, and a village claim set. Fostral has arisen again as the
Fostral Autonomous Project.

All it needs is someone to permanently tend the land, perhaps, you?

Fostral comes with several amenities already built, such as:
- a level 6 mine
- q137 rope walk
- an orchard including Plane and Silver Fir trees
- A Charterstone and Portico

And more basics such as:

- Smelters, tar kilns, ovens, garden shed
- all buildings have sadly decayed, except a lone windmill
- all decay on remaining buildings has been repaired, including weeding of roads

To ensure cooperation between new villagers, Oppidia will retain control over the claim and Master Key. Vandalism is restricted around the mineholes and Public well to prevent oath-vandals. Oppidia's miner (me) will be using the mine, but I will split ore and will contribute all resources to expanding to lower levels, starting with level 7 soon. Oppidia can offer ongoing support in both construction, quality grinding, and defense efforts. Upon recruitment we will provide a link to our discord, with unique channels for Fostral.

Fostral is an opportunity to start anew, while retaining a measure of security. Meet new players and cooperate. If you're new, learn the game under guidance of experience players. We're on a continent adjacent to the central one (Fat Dragon), quiet but close enough to the action. If it doesn't work out, Oppidia can offer you supplies to settle elsewhere. Come join us!

Screenshots of Fostral:
Last edited by Apocoreo on Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Re: Established town seeking players of all experience level

Postby Apocoreo » Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:00 am

Doublepost because this is a completely different offer, I'm at the top of this forum anyway, and I don't see a rule against it.

As previously mentioned, the people of Oppidia once lived on the central continent, but moved to build a larger home in a quieter place. We had some friends move into our previous home, Havhafen. Unfortunately, these friends are from a country that does not have access to discord, so they moved to a village exclusive to their countrymen.

Now Havhafen too, is open to you. Unlike Fostral, it is already livable for a medium sized group, all buildings and amenities ready to go! Located on the far east of the central continent, you'll be close to the action, and even closer to the Bone Mother's Market (within walking distance) for trade too, and use of its charterstone to reach the rest of the world. Havhafen is made for communal living, with one building as the barracks, to sleep in. At one time it comfortably housed 6 players including alts.

We are well known in the local discord and can provide introductions to the local population.

Havhafen is located at 240, -14
https://vatsul.com/HnHMap/map?markers=c ... .49&zoom=9

Screenshot of Havhafen:
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Return to Dwarves & Thieves