Vault Designs

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Vault Designs

Postby Trafalgar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:53 am

Doesn't placing them with shift-placement prevent that?
Trafalgar

Postby Blaze » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:54 am

Trafalgar wrote:Doesn't placing them with shift-placement prevent that?

Oh Pfft, DUH! Why didn't I think of that?
Nevermind my previous post then.
You see a masterful engraving by Blaze. On it is Blaze, bears, boars, and foxes. Blaze is striking down the bears. The boars are screaming. The foxes are in a fetal position. The image relates to the return of Blaze in the late winter of 2009.
Blaze

Postby sami1337 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:43 pm

Seems like laketown has the largest vault. :)
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Postby Vattic » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:16 pm

Sami I quite disagree, mine is the size of a whole mine but then I might be wrong as I haven't been that far east.
Vattic

Postby Rift » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:17 pm

i think he ment wall size rather then amount of space contained
Rift

Postby sami1337 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Vattic wrote:Sami I quite disagree, mine is the size of a whole mine but then I might be wrong as I haven't been that far east.

Oh yeah i did notice. You use your mine ladder and heart fire design?

That's not really a vault tho..Or is it?
Anyhow, we have the biggest kiln vault then. :lol:
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Postby Coriander » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:40 pm

Sorry, I have been away...
I may need some assistance so thanks for the offer Denvon, theTrav.
I spotted our thief last night, or one of them.
I was making leather, hoping that it would not be valuable enough to steal when I noticed an avatar hiding behind a tree. So I stepped back a bit. He was carrying a HUGE ax. He moved from his hiding place and popped open one of our containers. I found the behavior to be very odd, even suspect, so I strolled up to him to ask why he was looking through our stuff, and if I could help him find anything (small sarcasm there). Before I could get my message out he dashed away and then was gone. Poof, logged out. Bad luck for him, I had already clicked his image and chosen 'chat', so I had his name.
To cut this story short; I tested the link and he was back on line. I tried to communicate but could get no response until I informed him I was composing a forum message with his name in it. He suddenly became very talkative. I stalled him until I could get a hold of our "tracker". It was late, I logged out and do not know the outcome...
By the way, Ruggan (was that one g or two?), if you are still on the loose and reading this post, you are a terrible liar.

But I digress. Back to the subject. I have also used the trick of hiding a trunk behind a tree with only a small bit peeping out. It did not work well. Somehow it was located and now we have a clearing - they cut down lots of our trees. So if you try this technique, I recommend hiding it completely and behind a tree you wish to cut down. That might work.
When the all cutting blade meets the uncuttable stone - at times, the blade is sharpened
Coriander

Postby Rift » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:44 pm

Ruggan is dead... Oh very dead... he experienced death very literally.
Rift

Postby Trafalgar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:29 pm

Vattic's vault design sounds particularly interesting, since it's unobtrusive, won't screw up the decor of the village, and even protects all but one or two hearthfires from summoning. The only problem is having to log out whenever you want to enter the mine (except for the one or two who have a gateway hearth). We're in a party any time we're logged in, so that could get annoying. However, it DOES seem like the best solution so far.
Trafalgar

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar