Mail Boxes

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Mail Boxes

Postby KoE » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:22 pm

That typo really threw me for a loop given my character's name is Owen. It was like 'what the heck do I have to do with this D:'

On topic, though, I'd have to say that a permanent mailbox object would be awesome. Include stuff like being able to rename the parchment objects (so you don't have to read every single parchment if you have several), 'mailbags' that only hold parchment items, etc.

We could even have something like the pony express. Though that might be a little overkill, heh.
KoE

Postby Phalene » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:12 am

I have a parchment in an urn with my name on it, for my mailbox, and it also makes it easier to ID houses, if say, you want to buy seed from someone and they're not home. You can peek at the parchment and see who lives where. Later, if we ever get an official designated mailbox graphic, maybe they can be lock boxes- Anyone can put stuff in, but without theft only the owner can empty them? I bet that would be a pest to code though.

With the non-standardized mailboxes, this is very much game imitating life, since in the early days of mail delivery addresses were very hit or miss: "To old John's son, who lives in the smithy next to the oak" :lol:
Phalene

Postby Laremere » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:17 am

Hm, wax seals would be very nice for this... (hint hint devs)
Laremere

Postby sami1337 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:19 am

Laremere wrote:Hm, wax seals would be very nice for this... (hint hint devs)

Didn't they plan that already?
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Postby Vattic » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:50 am

Indeed.
jorb wrote:
Player run banking system anybody? ;-)

Will happen. Probably without us even having to do much to implement it. Wax seals will happen, and after that you can basically set up shop and hand out wax sealed parchments as banknotes. :)

emphasis mine.
Vattic

Postby Laremere » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:54 am

I know it's a planned feature, but I'm just lobbying features I want.
Laremere

Postby Dwarfu » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:01 am

Dondy wrote:Someone left a note for me in my house...

Hehe...that was me, Dondy (my char's name is Cogan). When I realized I could scribe parchment with all those darn hides I had, I was giddy. I didn't have flax seeds at the time and thought, wow, this is fantastic, I can leave a message.

I did indeed get the flax seeds and have planted the front beds lining the road with them. Thanks!!
Dwarfu

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar