Anyone in clayshire right now?

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Anyone in clayshire right now?

Postby Yolan » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:26 am

I'm saddened to hear this, as one of many who has benefited from Clayshire's help since its founding. However, I totally understand your motivations. Let's hope that it's not long before this problem is resolved...
Yolan

Postby Blaze » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:53 am

Let it be known that I personally regret nothing. We helped quite a few people and are damn proud of it. We're just building ourselves up until the day that we can ably protect ourselves and our belongings. And no, despite sealing ourselves in a place no one else can reach, we aren't going to attempt any "Surprise rear-end sex the World" projects; so no worries about that Image I see this as another learning experience, by the time a new map is generated, we'll have seen it all.

As for trade, we'll still need food here, and that's pretty much it. Lots of time to hunt, lots of time to mine, and harvesting isn't my problem (Sorry Denvon, but it's true).
You see a masterful engraving by Blaze. On it is Blaze, bears, boars, and foxes. Blaze is striking down the bears. The boars are screaming. The foxes are in a fetal position. The image relates to the return of Blaze in the late winter of 2009.
Blaze

Postby niltrias » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:24 am

Sorry to hear that the troubles continue. I sadly understand why you cant accept visitor and new settlers anymore.
Im sure you have considered this (actually you mentioned it in a previous post) but you might just want to relocate to a far-away location, just to make it a pain for an alt to reach you. Everyone around Brogdor got seriously hit in the Altpocalypse, but BN, (and i would guess the mordor colonists) were pretty well untouched.
<Marcher Lord>
Dogs! Oh god, please give us DOGS!
There are those who press on with the ardor of beer, and those who are faint with thirst.
niltrias

Postby Trafalgar » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:53 am

Those of us who moved out of Camp Noctis, which is pretty much all of us from AnywhereBB, were also completely untouched in our new home (We're still deciding on a name for our new place), but that's probably because (a) we moved much farther away than we were before, and (b) we aren't on the map (until the new one gets posted) and not that many people know where we are yet.

Camp Noctis on the other hand was very close to the RoB, closer than even Clayshire, I think (but definitely not high-profile like Clayshire was). Just the same, there were vastly more settlements around Camp Noctis and it was apparently looted quite thoroughly after we left. Anything important that we cared about, we had brought with us, though, so we didn't really care. Hell, while we were living there, I kept a row of drying racks outside my claims where I hung one and two space hides/furs that I didn't want. Random people would apparently come along while I was offline, and "steal" them (unless they realized that my placing the drying racks outside my claims must mean that I was intentionally trying to get rid of the things). I figured newbies might want them, and it's better than letting them decay on the ground if someone would use them.
Trafalgar

Postby RaptorJedi » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:30 am

Yeah, we haven't really been discovered just yet. As for the name, I hope Stillmeadow wins (and not just because I suggested it)
<Megagun> FOx
RaptorJedi

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar