Hrmph...

General discussion and socializing.

Hrmph...

Postby Ferinex » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:28 am

I was unaware this is a real place.

Edit: "since the interior of the circle has never been excavated by archaeologists, the possibility remains that wooden items, for example, may be present."
*pictures them finally searching, and finding the remnants of thousands of baskets, dreamcatchers, and drying racks* :lol:
i guess they never miss huh
Ferinex

Re: Hrmph...

Postby WorkerDrone » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:05 am

Hah.

That's an interesting find. Pretty funny, though by the looks of it, the actual Ring of Brodgar is suppose to be WAAAAAAY bigger then the one ingame. And that would be the one with all 60 stones, rather then the 27 still standing today.
[02:31] <WorkerDrone> Kinky.
[02:31] <Malicus> Actually, it's more like it destroyed his pants.
[02:31] <WorkerDrone> Even more kinky.
[02:32] <Malicus> Yes.
WorkerDrone

Postby Lightning4 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:22 pm

Ferinex wrote:I was unaware this is a real place.

Edit: "since the interior of the circle has never been excavated by archaeologists, the possibility remains that wooden items, for example, may be present."
*pictures them finally searching, and finding the remnants of thousands of baskets, dreamcatchers, and drying racks* :lol:

And a few skeletons to boot!
Lightning4

Postby Vattic » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:44 pm

I'd like to see some griefers wall that one in :P.
Vattic

Postby jorb » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:03 pm

Fun story, true story. I actually got the name from a place in Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura (In my opinion one of the best CRPGs ever published). Only later did Google tell me about the one on Orkney. I never really intended the name as anything more than a placeholder, but it stuck.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Yolan » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:39 pm

Oh.. Arcanum! I loved that game! Great feel to it! Funny, was just thinking about it the other day... musical score was beautiful... definitely up there with fallout, Ultima and Baldurs Gate
Yolan

Return to The Inn of Brodgar