mailbox? what about a postoffice?

General discussion and socializing.

Re: mailbox? what about a postoffice?

Postby RaptorJedi » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:43 pm

I like this idea, and I have some suggestions on it.

1) I think that every large town should have a post office nearby, for deliveries.
And 2) I think that everyone should be a postman, say someone is travelling from up north to Clayshire or Laketown, they can drop any letters they have off there, and if one of them is to someone in Bottleneck, it would be picked up by someone who is travelling that far and left at that post office.
<Megagun> FOx
RaptorJedi

Postby sami1337 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:05 am

That would mean noone can profit from it and letters will sit in a town for a long time before a person goes to visit the other town. I think paying someone for the service makes it more reliable. It makes trading easier for both parties while the postman gets to earn some coin.
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Postby Ferinex » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:22 am

sami1337 wrote:Yeah although it's "just" a 5minute walk. I would rather do something useful like hunting. Which is why i like the post office idea. Short walk for the sender to the office. A not too long walk from office to office. And picking up mail is a short walk as well.

It would be worthwhile if you were being paid for each letter you delivered. Besides, I don't really understand your argument, because you would have to make the walk whether there was a post office or not. This way letters don't lay exposed for any griefer to walk off with.
i guess they never miss huh
Ferinex

Postby sami1337 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:08 am

If i were to deliver a letter i would not give a dam about the 20 iron coins or so i'd get for it..
If i was the mailman, i know i'd get some good buck by delivering all the mail. It's not just a letter. There are more and perhaps even containers.
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar