A Beginner's Journal

General discussion and socializing.

Re: A Beginner's Journal

Postby BlueroseSyn » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:38 pm

TeckXKnight wrote: Vengeance upon the bear! Hope you were able to recover the body and give yourself a nice grave with poppies. =)

I did find my corpse and was able to retrieve my head. Is that weird? And I am still trying to learn how to fight, so... eventually.

Phaen wrote:Please keep writing, I love reading these types of things.

I suggest replacing "I decided to" with "I" most of the time because you're using "decided" 3-4 times in some of those paragraphs.

Thanks for the advice! I know I am not the best writer, but that is why I am writing. Only one way to get better. I just love writing in character.

Anyway, time for a proper update!

Day Five

After being mauled by a bear, I find myself in the pool that I started out in. I regained my body, name, and clothes. I noticed a runestone before I had left, finding that I could inherit a legacy now. As I climbed the ladder, I find myself back at the area where I had started to build my home. I was so happy that I didn't have to start completely from scratch! Since I had finished collecting all the items to make my house before my untimely demise, I start to build it up. A few hours later I find myself with a completed home. Now that all my crates and bed was safely stored inside, I then head out to where I died and find my body if possible. I wandered around a bit before finding my corpse, seeing the bear now gone and my body nothing but bones. I pick up my body and throw it into the water, the head in my crate that I had carried with me along with a few other things I found while exploring. There was an area close by that looked like the beginnings of a new town yet to be protected. I saw some pumpkins in the grass, hoping they wouldn't mind me taking one. I help myself a pumpkin slice, but only after I replanted triple of what I took. Just because I am surviving in the wilderness doesn't mean that I can be a bad person. I head back home with the bounty of food and string that I have found, setting some hides to dry on the rack before settling down for the night, making myself a table and a set of chairs so I finally have a nice place to eat.

And here is a picture of my current home, along with what appears to be the bear that mauled my face off. =^w^=

By any other name is just as sweet.
BlueroseSyn

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar