Game like HnH

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Game like HnH

Postby MrGemini » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:08 pm

7 days to die ftw :) But it still needs some more content.
Greetings, Gemini & Tinkababe

jorb wrote:Given your obvious merits I'm not convinced that that's a loss, but... you would be more helpful if you stated what it is you dislike about this, and why. I can't do much with "QQstopkillinggaembye".
MrGemini

Postby hawkflak » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:49 am

I found this game : https://albiononline.com/

Look amazing!
English is not my mother tongue
hawkflak

Postby Rhiannon » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:04 am

Trust me you wont find many if any. Hence me still being here, drudging away since world 1. I have found little nuances of similarity here and there in this turn based strategy or this simlife type, or this city/empire builder...but the whole package, or even enough of the package to count? No. Don't know why but, No. CLosest thing in general really does remain to be Minecraft (Unfortunately)...but aside from playing with the forestry/bee keeping mods I find it so boring I sometimes sit in awe of my son who plays it constantly as to WHY WHY WHY son WHY...lol
SO no, as much as I've searched, for a similar package graphics, gameplay, depth...I still find nada that even begins to compare.
************************************ RAVENHOLM ************************************
***************************** IN LIEBE UND FREUNDSCHAFT *************************
************************************* Für Immer **************************************
Rhiannon

Postby Pinkie-Pie » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:49 am

Rust is a lot like HnH. You get dropped onto the map with nothing but a rock and "GL, everyone wants to kill you but like here's a rock, have fun." :mrgreen:
Pinkie-Pie

Postby RustyBuckitt » Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:45 am

Pinkie-Pie wrote:Rust is a lot like HnH. You get dropped onto the map with nothing but a rock and "GL, everyone wants to kill you but like here's a rock, have fun." :mrgreen:

Oh man! I remember rust! It's that game that the devs made in a weekend, never intended to sell, has been in early access/development Hell for well over one year, bans people for reporting hackers/posting about hackers, and the devs have no intention of fixing, and rather want to focus on making trees more realistic, right?

Sounds like soooooooooooooooooooooooo much fun! :roll:

TL;DR, Rust sucks, rust devs suck, rust community is full of pre-pubescent teenagers (similar to Reign of Kings), and uses "Early Access" as an excuse to charge $19.99 for an unfinished, buggy as fuck game.

TL;DR of TL;DR, Pink, piss-off back to /b/. :P

@OP, just go to steam and search for Survival, Adventure, Sandbox games, sooner or later, you'll find one that well pique your interests.

Just do some research on it first, I recommend you check out Total Biscuit before you buy something off steam. Otherwise, you'll end up with shit like I did (Risk of Rain, anyone?).
"Me and Stone gonna break your bones." In loving memorry of Stick

RustyBuckitt

Postby txtrung0 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:23 am

Me too. But we have to admit it's too specific to say "hey, do you have a game about building city, cooking, farming, fighting, exploring, grinding skills, surviving, crafting and something extra that I can play?"
Most developers will just choke. That's why I say the survivalist is the only alternative (you get base building, hunting, cooking, farming, surviving, crafting etc out of the bunch but no fighting and it's offline and the graphic sucks)
At least HnH is here. Take a break and comeback.
txtrung0

Postby Rhiannon » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:15 am

Looks like Stranded II is open for development, with an editor and claims of being able to mod it to the extreme as you please. Perhaps some of anything that's seen as inferior in it can be modified for the better? Does look interesting. As for RUST, someone should post that in their community hub..LOL But then again, you'd have to be a bitch to do that...oh wait, I venture to say I possibly could qualify....sounds fun...

Steam really should have a "Time limit" to "Get the hell out of early access" or drop the game from their sales until they are ready to try again. I've seen lots of complaints of people getting taken for EA money and then the game is abandoned and they are SOL.
************************************ RAVENHOLM ************************************
***************************** IN LIEBE UND FREUNDSCHAFT *************************
************************************* Für Immer **************************************
Rhiannon

Postby txtrung0 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:21 am

True story. Early Access is too slipery. Time limit will be good.
And yeah there is a mod of stranded 2 called Massive Mod : the survivalist which essentially x10 the contents and ram up the difficulty into the insanity level (you die every sec the first 5 times) and also end game secrets. That game take months to build up base just like HnH.
Stranded 3 is being made but not gonna make it out there soon. The dev pretty much get discouraged after much game like his hit the market.
I also failed to mention Don't Starve, NeoScavenger earlier.
txtrung0

Postby VDZ » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:56 am

txtrung0 wrote:But we have to admit it's too specific to say "hey, do you have a game about building city, cooking, farming, fighting, exploring, grinding skills, surviving, crafting and something extra that I can play?"

I agree that H&H is unique, but UnReal World has farming, fighting, exploring, surviving, crafting, skills (you could grind them but no real focus), building (but not building cities) and I guess cooking too (though very basic). H&H is so unique because of the way all of it is executed, not because these elements are so unique.
VDZ

Postby hawkflak » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:56 pm

VDZ wrote:
txtrung0 wrote:But we have to admit it's too specific to say "hey, do you have a game about building city, cooking, farming, fighting, exploring, grinding skills, surviving, crafting and something extra that I can play?"

I agree that H&H is unique, but UnReal World has farming, fighting, exploring, surviving, crafting, skills (you could grind them but no real focus), building (but not building cities) and I guess cooking too (though very basic). H&H is so unique because of the way all of it is executed, not because these elements are so unique.

I looking for this game since 2011, archeage was a hope but ...

One day some company will do a game AAA about building city, cooking, farming, fighting, exploring, grinding skills, surviving, crafting and something extra. (and you will play with you oculus :) )
English is not my mother tongue
hawkflak

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar