Crime does pay

General discussion and socializing.

Re: Crime does pay

Postby Ruggan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:09 pm

kaka wrote:Cheers!
I do hope that was the bastard that messed around in my camp.
If not, I saved lots of scents. So when we can summon at Brodgar,
I'm gonna make sure he's dead.

You can summon from Brodgar now
Ruggan

Postby Ferinex » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:04 pm

Were they actually there when you killed them, or did you AFKill? You really didn't need the battle axes if that was the case.

Also, it seems a hell of a lot less heroic when you kill someone who isn't there to defend themselves. It's like a 10-step dual versus killing someone in their sleep. One is justice and the other is murder.
i guess they never miss huh
Ferinex

Postby Rift » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:21 pm

no one that was there was pretendeing to be heroic. It was more of a "because it needs to be done" type of situation.
i didn't see anyone actually use battleaxes either.. i punched 2 people to death [they were afk, not that i couldn't of punched them to death regardless]
Rift

Postby Ferinex » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:25 pm

Rift wrote:no one that was there was pretendeing to be heroic. It was more of a "because it needs to be done" type of situation.
i didn't see anyone actually use battleaxes either.. i punched 2 people to death [they were afk, not that i couldn't of punched them to death regardless]

Aren't you afraid of someone now hunting you down and permakilling you while you are AFK? It's totally possible.
i guess they never miss huh
Ferinex

Postby Rift » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:42 pm

it would be unforuntate for me, im 100% change, so if i die im left with nothing.
*shrugs* i have some ideas about how to try again that i want to try out.
However, even afk, don't think it's easy to kill someone with full armor and over 100hp, espicially one in a town where all the hearth fires are together and people might stumble in on you in the act and murder you instead...
I think it takes a decently strong character to kill me afk, likely armed with a axe or soldiers sword... and my fellow villagers [who are conciderbly strong themselves] will hunt down and kill that person.. meaning the person who kills me will also lose a great deal...

Undoubtably however, i will, if i haven't already, piss someone off enough to make them take the risk...
But these are the risks we take when we choose who lives and dies, and i'm prefectly happy with them.
Rift

Postby sami1337 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:14 am

Highly unlikely (but possible) that you will be spawned while noone is around. Your spawn is right next to ours and also in a location we often come.
And as you said yourself. A random person won't be able to just kill you.

Aside from all of that, the murderer will be murdered by a ranger as well.
The ones who see things differently.

You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them.
And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius.
sami1337

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar