New Map Time?

General discussion and socializing.

Re: New Map Time?

Postby loftar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:04 am

Nope, we have hardly altered it at all. The only alterations we've made is the addition of a couple of small ponds; one near Kaka's old farm, one by my (Loftar's) camp, one in the forest southeast of Brodgar that we added for the SGA people to play with, and the one right next to the Ring of Brodgar. But nothing else.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Jfloyd » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:11 am

Loftar, can Clayshire have a pond? :P
"When I grow up, I want to be just like Kaka" -James Floyd, on growing up.
Jfloyd

Postby Blaze » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:33 am

loftar wrote: * There will most likely not be any ceasefire. We'll probably warn on the forums a few days ahead of time, though, to allow people to stick their favorite tools in their inventories to be carried on into the brave new world. We might post a partial map of it as well, to let you preview the world; we'll see about that.

On that note: Is there any chance of getting an "Ark" of sorts, which each community can build - probably for a rear-end load of wood - which can function somwhat like a gigantic cart, and be carried over to the next map? It's just an idea.
You see a masterful engraving by Blaze. On it is Blaze, bears, boars, and foxes. Blaze is striking down the bears. The boars are screaming. The foxes are in a fetal position. The image relates to the return of Blaze in the late winter of 2009.
Blaze

Postby Jfloyd » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:38 am

I agree with blaze. Most communites have too much stuff to just place in there inventories.
Jfloyd

Postby Blaze » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:52 am

Jfloyd wrote:I agree with blaze. Most communites have too much stuff to just place in there inventories.

Actually, it's not just the items and stuff, there are tools that are too large to be carried in the inventory. I'm not going anywhere without my meat grinder and anvil, and I doubt Devbon would want to part with the Coin press.
You see a masterful engraving by Blaze. On it is Blaze, bears, boars, and foxes. Blaze is striking down the bears. The boars are screaming. The foxes are in a fetal position. The image relates to the return of Blaze in the late winter of 2009.
Blaze

Postby Trafalgar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:55 am

You could bring along your backpack and the metal bars to rebuild them instead.
Trafalgar

Postby Jfloyd » Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:58 am

Blaze wrote:
Jfloyd wrote:I agree with blaze. Most communites have too much stuff to just place in there inventories.

Actually, it's not just the items and stuff, there are tools that are too large to be carried in the inventory. I'm not going anywhere without my meat grinder and anvil, and I doubt Devbon would want to part with the Coin press.

Oh true that about the coin press....especcialy with that needing 1 steel.
Jfloyd

Postby Rift » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:49 pm

well just bring along tons of coins/bars of various types to build things? [and a single steel bar to build a coinpress]
If we get a coinpurse pre-mapchange that will be a lot easier.
Rift

Postby jorb » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:21 pm

I suggest you pack your inventories with metal. Mines will not be as abundant in the world to come.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Laremere » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:36 pm

If you look at completely randomly generated computer static, you can make out shapes, but that doesn't mean someone stopped your computer before it showed you the result and drew them in.
Laremere

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar