"Like HnH But with Bubbles" -IGN

General discussion and socializing.

Re: "Like HnH But with Bubbles" -IGN

Postby Prowny » Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:50 pm

I really enjoyed this. I still need to get the hang of the "skills", but it's a lot of fun ... until the massive ones eat you :x :x
loftar wrote:The tears in this thread are so delicious
Prowny

Postby venatorvenator » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:41 pm

Amanda44 wrote: I can't eat ppl I know! :lol:

Best Amanda's out-of-context quote so far:D
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby VDZ » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:48 am

Just now, I played a game where I just couldn't reach #1. Reached #2 several times, but never #1, and I wasn't quite sure why - I could never manage to hit a #1 with a virus, but certainly they couldn't avoid them forever (also being under attack by other players)?

Then, when I was at #4, I managed to shoot a virus at the #1 with the #2 close by, and split him into many tiny cells. He immediately fed all of the small cells to the #2, which immediately returned the mass with W. He then split to kill me but missed. Right afterwards, he split again and fed all but one cell to the #2, which again returned the mass bringing the #1 back to full size within two seconds of a failed split kill. (I got away unharmed, but it completely drained my motivation to keep playing.)

While I don't mind people teaming up in a game intended to be played solo per se, the way proper teamwork completely negates the penalties of hitting a virus or missing a split kill (that is, reducing the time in which you're in a vulnerable split state from over a minute to 2 seconds) completely ruins the game.

I've found that player behavior strongly varies per game (sometimes there's no teams, sometimes there's makeshift teams, other times there's serious teams), but when you're in a game with a team that isn't incompetent you simply don't stand a chance as solo player. No amount of skill can make up for the ability to practically ignore viruses and merge in 2 seconds.

TL;DR: Teamers ruin the game.
VDZ

Postby loftar » Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:58 am

VDZ wrote:TL;DR: Teamers ruin the game.

QFT.

On another note, what do the server player numbers mean, really? Clearly, there aren't 20k+ players on the map. Are there different maps to which one is assigned randomly, or something?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby b3nno » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:41 am

when you refresh the page you get put on a new server, you can see by who is on the leader board, and yeah i keep refreshing until i see no [tagforclaninserthere] in the top tier spots, because VDZ is right, teaming is too powerful, you need your own team to compete or to target there smaller helper first and get him whilst he is split
"they see me rollin' they hatin'"
-jesus
b3nno

Postby VDZ » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:48 am

b3nno wrote:when you refresh the page you get put on a new server, you can see by who is on the leader board, and yeah i keep refreshing until i see no [tagforclaninserthere] in the top tier spots, because VDZ is right, teaming is too powerful, you need your own team to compete or to target there smaller helper first and get him whilst he is split

Those situations aren't very problematic once you get good enough. The real problem is when two players in a team are both near the top of the leaderboard; there are no smaller helpers and you have roughly two seconds to get him when he's split. You can only win if they really fuck up.
VDZ

Postby b3nno » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:21 am

in one game i had an ally and we were doing that tactic,we were in number 1 and 2 position, we remained on the top for about 30 minutes, until i got bored and just let my ally eat all of me and left the game, it was impossible to stop us, the smaller one of the two would go around suiciding onto all the nearby virus's then push everything into the bigger one, then get recharged.
-jesus
b3nno

Postby venatorvenator » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:24 am

I wanted to ask the same question as Loftar's. Is there any way to get friends in the same room as you, or at least to identify room numbers by mods or whatever?

I wish we could at least blink our balls. It'd be neat to see it being used as an improvised way of communication.

TL;DR: Teamers ruin the game.

Lol the exact same thing happens in Haven:D It's bad when you're the underdeveloped hermit right?
Xcom wrote:Most good things last only a short time
venatorvenator

Postby b3nno » Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:35 am

you can through this mod that krikke posted Image
the way i was doing it before that was someone get in a lobby and tell your friend who are in the top 3 spots for example, and they keep refreshing the page until they also have the same top 3 players
-jesus
b3nno

Postby Amanda44 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:51 am

venatorvenator wrote:
Amanda44 wrote: I can't eat ppl I know! :lol:

Best Amanda's out-of-context quote so far:D

:lol:

Every game I have played has had a team, as I said earlier the minute I reach 3rd or 2nd they come for me and it's game over. I think it's a shame too in a single player game and I agree it does spoil it but it is also a lot of fun having a mate to play with, and getting them to number one feels like a 1st for me too.
There are even groups of 3 or 4 playing together so I always check the leaderboard before joining a server to make sure it's not overrun with the same team.

Occasionally I get kicked from a server, not sure what causes that, I got to second place, had the leader heading for a corner, may have stood a chance, lol, but then suddenly it kicked me off and I was a little red ball on another server! There was a msg on the screen but I didn't get time to read it, that has happened twice now, that is even more annoying than getting grouped up on!

On a separate note; After playing for about an hour a couple of days ago I logged into Haven to feed the livestock, I collected an inventory of beets and went to empty into the trough and the shift key wouldn't work, I kept trying, kept looking at the keyboard trying to figure out what I'd done to make that happen and was just on the point of asking someone when I realised I was pressing the space bar ...... :lol:
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

PreviousNext

Return to The Inn of Brodgar