The dumbest ways you've died in haven and hearth

General discussion and socializing.

The dumbest ways you've died in haven and hearth

Postby dongodson081294 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:19 pm

I approached an Aurochs and stupidly decided to pull its hair and expected something cool to happen, but it turns out that it will kill you. :( Now I know never do that again.
dongodson081294

Re: The dumbest ways you've died in haven and hearth

Postby Redkat » Wed May 27, 2015 9:01 pm

:D My first death too.
Redkat

Postby WaitingforHaven2 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:07 pm

At my third attempt at Haven I decided to settle at the end of a river, where I promptly built a timber house and everything else necessary to get a base going. At the end of the second day (RL) I was very tired but I also still wanted to keep playing. So instead of going to bed (as I should have) I figured out all kinds of small chores that I could still finish this day to prolong the experience. The last thing I wanted to do was to take off some skins from the drying rack. But when I went outside of the timber house I found - much to my surprise - a bear right next to the tanning rack.
Well... you can probably already figure out the rest now. I was hellbent on getting those rabbit skins, so I turned my brain off and mustered up my courage after a short moment of contemplation. It didn't end well, he mauled me a few pixels away from the door to my house. Virtually everything went as wrong as it could and I went to bed angry over my own stupidity (after securing my items).

Redkat wrote::D My first death too.

A very common death. I can't remember how many fellow villagers I've lost to aurochsen. I never managed to die this way myself though. (first one was a boar I think and I was too stupid to spawn at the old hearthfire - had to start all over)
WaitingforHaven2

Postby krikke93 » Wed May 27, 2015 9:23 pm

I never died swimming and I'm really proud of that.
I did die from pulling hair from aurochsen, since it was a new feature and I was curious back then. Never say you will never pull them again though. Whenever I run past aurochsen, I just pull their hair and run like a bitch (only when I have enough UA to survive at least one hit and I'm close to a boat) :D
I also died with a 400+ UA (I know that's not much for some people, but it is for me) character by not placing my hearth fire, logging off for 5 minutes, realising I didn't place my hf, log back in and notice I got summoned within those 5 minutes. Life's harsh sometimes.
Hope you have a great day
krikke93

Postby FatFruit » Wed May 27, 2015 10:14 pm

staying to close to an mouflan while hunting...way too close.and my most recent death was basically dhelmers carving for low q flotsams...
FatFruit

Postby Duderock » Wed May 27, 2015 10:52 pm

Logging off while in aggro.

Most of my deaths were from not knowing enough. Don't know if that counts as dumb.
Duderock

Postby Amanda44 » Thu May 28, 2015 12:05 am

Taking on a level 4 troll, alone, with a sling and no combat experience - :oops:

krikke93 wrote:I did die from pulling hair from aurochsen, since it was a new feature and I was curious back then. Never say you will never pull them again though. Whenever I run past aurochsen, I just pull their hair and run like a bitch (only when I have enough UA to survive at least one hit and I'm close to a boat) :D

It seems to me that once you get past a certain point stat wise they no longer attack, I pull hair every time I see them and they have not aggro'd me once since reaching decent stats - I do the same as you and have a boat near by just in case but I can't even remember the last time they attacked. Actually boars don't seem to aggro me either now I think about it, .......... animals in Haven fear me - :D - well, except for trolls. :(
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby HarryDresden » Thu May 28, 2015 12:18 am

ITT; Auroch Hair: Not even once.

Dumbest way I've died is probably the time I created an alt and started speaking like Swedish Chef from The Muppets, I was let into a small group, and trolled around for a bit, generally being a tanning bitch, but having fun with my absolutely retarded subterfuge. Borking around for about three days, I stole the keys to their palisade (Still fairly early in game), let my real group in, and then got one shotted by some guy sailing by as we were looting. No one else got killed, he didn't belong to the group, and I hadn't seen him around before.

I still assume it was a natural disaster, like NaoWhut, or a Kentucky Demolition Derby.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby Metruption » Thu May 28, 2015 12:22 am

windmaker
Metruption

Postby julian12it » Thu May 28, 2015 12:34 am

Killed by my own teamm8's on my hf while I was afk watching the Superbowl.
julian12it

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar