No more hearth secrets - brainstorming

General discussion and socializing.

Re: No more hearth secrets - brainstorming

Postby TeckXKnight » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:20 am

No matter how hard you try to stop griefing, it'll happen. If I really hated someone, enough to kill myself over, I'd aggro a bear or boar and drag it through all of their stuff and into them if they didn't log off immediately.

Day 1 black skill blocking is also super unnecessary. If someone wants to rush Murder or Theft, let them.
TeckXKnight

Postby HarryDresden » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:43 am

TeckXKnight wrote:No matter how hard you try to stop griefing, it'll happen. If I really hated someone, enough to kill myself over, I'd aggro a bear or boar and drag it through all of their stuff and into them if they didn't log off immediately.

Day 1 black skill blocking is also super unnecessary. If someone wants to rush Murder or Theft, let them.

Fair point, mainly looking to prevent abuse of already pretty borken mechanics. But this is all just talk after all. It's what The Great LorbTar wills.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby epicless » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:16 am

Potjeh wrote:You guys are forgetting that after you ambush somebody on the road the road is still there for his reinforcements to arrive. I predict that people won't dare to camp roads near major towns because chances are pretty high they'll wind up fighting like 20 guys. And camping backwater roads will be too boring for most people because they'll have low traffic and most people don't like waiting for hours for a potential target.

As long as both the attackers and defenders of the road both have a fair chance, the new road mechanic should be fine.
Haven and Hearth News, Tutorials and the Stories of My Humble Journey
Epicless' Blog | Epicless' Youtube Channel
epicless

Postby Apocoreo » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:28 pm

HarryDresden wrote:Safe zones and spawns

How's this, OPTIONAL spawn areas with no safety and wilderness spawns. Players can spawn together at the start of a new world, then civilizations can capture spawns as they please. For their benefit or the benefit of everyone, whatever they choose.

This could balance the game, those who spawn together get an advantage of an early start but must move far from the spawn and the competition is brings.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Previous

Return to The Inn of Brodgar