A Beginner's Journal

General discussion and socializing.

A Beginner's Journal

Postby BlueroseSyn » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:33 pm

Hello everyone! As you can tell by the title, I am a beginner in Haven & Hearth and I thought it would be fun to write a journal about my first month or so. I have already started a few days back, so I plan on catching up on my past three days work in this post. I hope you enjoy reading it... (And I hope that this kind of thread is in the right section.)

Day One

I pop in as a formless being, the starting area around me confusing me a bit with no labels or names above anyone's head. I wander around the pool a bit before talking to the person on the left. I then suddenly find myself with a body and shouting "Macho!" causing me to laugh before quickly clicking on him again and shouting "Girl Power!". I do this a couple of more times to see that I only have one choice in hairstyle, so naturally I stick with a female body. I then look inside a chest on the right and find clothes, fiddling with them a bit before I learn to put them on. I then speak with the lady on the right, asking me for a name. I tell her Syn and walked over to the ladder, dropping into the earth below. I wander around my surroundings for a little while, seeing the different plots of land that others had made for themselves as I pick up random items and observe them. I then slowly learned to make what tools I already knew how to make, finding a bunny to make a bonesaw and chipping stone for my axe. I then head back to my little green fire and make a small place to sleep with a lento to keep me somewhat protected from the elements after making a small basket to keep a few things I had no room for on my person. I hoped that I might see another person tomorrow.

Day Two

I wake up the following morning with a shaped stone in front of my bed with some etching on it. 'Hello amigo' it said. I smile a bit before heading off to gather more materials and to learn more about the world around me. I decided to make my own runestone, etching 'Thank you for your kindness. <3" in hopes that the person who left me my gifts sees them. I then ran off and learned to fashion some shoes, clothes, and a fishing pole out of what was around me. I made a few extra pairs of shoes and decided to put them in my basket, only finding that it had a rabbit inside along with a few dandelions. How thoughtful of someone to put that in there for me! I decided to name the rabbit Mr. Buns. After digging around the dirt and finding some clay and building a few other things like a drying frame I study the dandelions along with a cone cow and a primitive doll that I had made before heading back out into the wilderness. I then see some marshland, curious on what materials it may hold. Finding only frogs, I decide to head back home only to see that leeches had stuck onto me and bloated themselves full with blood. I pull them off and find a good fishing spot as I headed home, finding that the leeches made just as good bait as the earthworm I found earlier. After eating a full meal of fish, I settled down for the night.

Day Three

I woke up, seeing a boar close to where I was sleeping. I decided to go and hunt down some food and maybe more dandelions to study as I hope the beast wanders away from my camp. After wandering around, poking at ant hills and wandering around the bogs again for more leeches to fish later, I decided to start on a foundation for a house. It took me a bit to learn that lying down stone was easier when the earth was tilled and soft. I found a few more rabbits and decided to dry their fur, hoping to make something nice out of them when they dried. I then gathered the materials I needed for my home, finding myself often getting hungry and forced to go fishing again. After having another filling meal, I start to chop down the trees that I have already stripped down of cones, branches, and bough and fashion the wood planks. I then fish for food for the next day, finding some chickens and a rooster. I decide to take the rooster and one of the chickens with me in hopes of them making possibly eggs and chicks for me to start a small chicken coop with. I decided to name them Richard and Chicka. Satisfied with my work, I decided to rest.

Now that my first three days are covered, I will start with today's entry:

Day Four

I finished gathering the materials needed for my home, satisfied with my work and will start the actual build the next day. I had found a very curious knot of roots that is too complicated for me to study, so I keep it on me as a sort of good luck charm for now. I then start to wander around the wilderness again, seeing the occasional settlement and paved paths. I harvest a few dreams from my dream catcher and find a few different animals in the woods. I spotted deer and what I think may be a fox. Thankfully they leave me be as I do them as I raid more ants nests and forage for blueberries. Things like hunting for food and making cone cows start to become routine for me. I look around the nice patch of clear land that used to be riddled with wooden stumps that I am now using to build my house. I should probably think of a name for it, but maybe later. I decide to make my paved land a little bit bigger before the work on my house will get started.

I hope you enjoyed reading my entries and I am hoping that I can continue to write them daily. I may add a bit more to this entry if anything new happens after I posted this. I'll probably edit new entries to the first post as well. Thank you again for reading!

I hope your day is filled with kindness,

BlueroseSyn
By any other name is just as sweet.
BlueroseSyn

Re: A Beginner's Journal

Postby jordancoles » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:41 pm

More pictures please
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby simimi » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:26 pm

The first day there was TLDR.
Then God created streaming and he thougth it was good.
simimi

Postby shubla » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:52 pm

jordancoles wrote:More pictures please

HnH forum in nutshell
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby BAROUD » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:13 pm

Nice ^_^ good luck.
BAROUD

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:43 pm

Newbie journals are fun, it's nice to see the game from a fresh perspective.
A few screenshots mixed in with your entries adds a nice touch, if you are not sure how to take them yet or post them just ask. :)

Good luck!
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby epicless » Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:04 am

Good luck. Watch out for boars, bears and murderers.
Haven and Hearth News, Tutorials and the Stories of My Humble Journey
Epicless' Blog | Epicless' Youtube Channel
epicless

Postby BlueroseSyn » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:54 am

Thanks for your support and I will try to add pictures next time. As for a quick update, I got killed by a bear. I then got sad then mourned for my character for a few hours until I felt better. But then I finished my house afterward after making a new character. I'm just happy I didn't lose everything I had worked so hard for.
By any other name is just as sweet.
BlueroseSyn

Postby TeckXKnight » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:33 am

BlueroseSyn wrote:Thanks for your support and I will try to add pictures next time. As for a quick update, I got killed by a bear. I then got sad then mourned for my character for a few hours until I felt better. But then I finished my house afterward after making a new character. I'm just happy I didn't lose everything I had worked so hard for.

Vengeance upon the bear! Hope you were able to recover the body and give yourself a nice grave with poppies. =)
TeckXKnight

Postby Phaen » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:30 pm

Please keep writing, I love reading these types of things.

I suggest replacing "I decided to" with "I" most of the time because you're using "decided" 3-4 times in some of those paragraghs.
Phaen

Next

Return to The Inn of Brodgar