Game feedback: enjoyable up until you get ganked

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Game feedback: enjoyable up until you get ganked

Postby BigCountry » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:08 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:"Don't interact with others" seems like horrible advice to me. If he had spoken with a single passerby they probably would've told him his wall situation was retarded, and he therefore would've not died for free. Significantly improving without player-interact in general seems impossible. It's putting off the inevitable, instead of trying to change the potential outcome. Nematode behavior

This is what I respect. Snail is a titan. He is the Darwoth of Salem. He has killed a few of my characters and will continue to do so - IF I am lazy - leave holes in my village claims, holes in my walls, etc. etc. Or IF I do not take the time to actually talk to him in game. Offer him hats (which he loves). And they are proof you are actually supporting the game financially.

The dude is not a dick. He is just extremely passionate AND extremely knowledgeable of HH game's mechanics and how to succeed/grow the game.

A proper villain indeed.

-BC
BigCountry

Postby Terp65 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:24 pm

Darwoth, PaymasterPaul, Chief.... damn BC, bringing back some great memories there.
Terp65

Postby Xoatl » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:46 pm

WowGain wrote:
abt79 wrote:
voiddancer wrote:haha, a bunch of morons trying to convince a rape victim that her skirt was too short. Dude made a mistake, a real mistake by not building a fence, but the fence didn't save me. I blew a siege machine in an empty corner of the cave where there was nothing to go for. This game should have a warning that it's not a farmer's simulator, it's a place where the snail plays "I'm the authority here", then people won't waste their time on this shit and on you morons.

he isn't some helpless victim, he had steel but no pali lmao

how is that even possible honestly

This thread is hilarious, how has it not been sent to Hel. But yeah my thoughts exactly the entire time reading it.
Xoatl

Postby Suffragium » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:23 am

BigCountry wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:"Don't interact with others" seems like horrible advice to me. If he had spoken with a single passerby they probably would've told him his wall situation was retarded, and he therefore would've not died for free. Significantly improving without player-interact in general seems impossible. It's putting off the inevitable, instead of trying to change the potential outcome. Nematode behavior

This is what I respect. Snail is a titan. He is the Darwoth of Salem. He has killed a few of my characters and will continue to do so - IF I am lazy - leave holes in my village claims, holes in my walls, etc. etc. Or IF I do not take the time to actually talk to him in game. Offer him hats (which he loves). And they are proof you are actually supporting the game financially.

The dude is not a dick. He is just extremely passionate AND extremely knowledgeable of HH game's mechanics and how to succeed/grow the game.

A proper villain indeed.

-BC

I never considered that. He pretty much is Darwoth, yeah
Suffragium

Postby Pommfritz » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:41 am

true, I started enjoying the game more when I got ganked
Pommfritz

Postby MycroSparks » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:57 pm

Do some research before putting up suggestions for featurs that already exist. The game is brutal, but fair. If you just invested an hour to make a palisade, you wouldve survived easely. The game has so many systems in place to offer you a way to survive even when a 5k str monster decides to raid you. It makes sense that he cant be stopped by newbies who havent invested as much time, yet the game still offers cheap and fast ways to delay him and plan escapes.

Again, its your own fault if you went for a brick wall, and just left it unfinished. My friends and I started playing a month ago, and we were clueless noobies, but we still invested time in researching our surroundings to make sure nobody around was playing, and set up a palisade before doing anything else. We got visited by the newbie killer, yet he couldnt do anything because we made use of the games defensive systems. So, even newbies, with some effort and research stand a chance. This is the equivalent of crying after you get killed in CS by a player thats way better then you and plays more, or any other game for that matter. Everyone plays the same game, with the same restrictions and rules, its on you if you lose. And even if you do, there are systems in play to allow you to continue enjoying the game.
MycroSparks

Postby banok » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:09 pm

People are responding like the game gave perfect advise on walls/locks and wasn't followed, it doesn't at all. The Wikipedia might, the forums if you search through all the vitriol might. This community is like "i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach".
banok

Postby Nightdawg » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:25 pm

banok wrote:People are responding like the game gave perfect advise on walls/locks and wasn't followed, it doesn't at all. The Wikipedia might, the forums if you search through all the vitriol might. This community is like "i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach".

This
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:43 pm

banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach

based
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Previous

Return to The Moot