Bone Mother's Market

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Bone Mother's Market

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat May 29, 2021 4:38 pm

ppl who've never done any raiding don't know blatantly obvious building mechanics
ppl who've never been to a fight before get medded
ppl who've never been chased before drown
hehe more news at 11

I rly wish there were more people in this game who weren't content with being literally irrelevant nematodes ppl can step on without even noticing. The world would be a lot more interesting if 98% of you did something more than exist and complain about being helpless
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Kaios » Sat May 29, 2021 4:54 pm

Ya except no one other than lifeless morons such as yourself want to play this game for 40+ hours a week treating it like a job. Guarantee you would have more fun and so would everyone else if all content was more accessible to everyone.

You act like you care about how this game performs but you only care about your own enjoyment, and no I don't think the threads you have made advocating for whatever random newbie friendly shit makes up for your general attitude.
Kaios

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat May 29, 2021 5:03 pm

"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
SnuggleSnail

Postby magisticus » Sat May 29, 2021 6:04 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:ppl who've never done any raiding don't know blatantly obvious building mechanics
ppl who've never been to a fight before get medded
ppl who've never been chased before drown
hehe more news at 11

I rly wish there were more people in this game who weren't content with being literally irrelevant nematodes ppl can step on without even noticing. The world would be a lot more interesting if 98% of you did something more than exist and complain about being helpless

This is the problem. The 98% of us have rl jobs that mean that we can't put in the hours required to 'be relevant', although there might be some argument that we have achieved the level of relevance that matters to us. The other way to get around that of course is to get bots to play the game for us and only log in occasionally to show off how well the bots have done at levelling up our virtual selves for us by destroying what someone else has achieved by playing the game in their spare time. And on the flip side, if the 2% of complete douche bags stopped playing then p'raps relatively speaking a higher level of relevance would be achieved by all.
magisticus

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sat May 29, 2021 6:25 pm

Competency with regard to PVP/raiding/siege has very little to do with how much time you spend playing. If Kasio were to quit his job today and start playing 100 hours/week he'd still get dunked by some aggressive hermit who plays 4 hours/week, because all Kasio would've done in that time is learn to farm carrots a bit better and make his numbers higher. Whatever nematodes do.

The issue is 100% the mentality of the meek always making excuses for why they could never possibly do anything to anybody ever, resulting in them never being able to do anything to anybody ever. How will you ever get good at defending against raids if you never raid somebody? It's, like, pussy behavior to the extreme, and it's exemplified so perfectly by the vast majority of the community. I hate it.
SnuggleSnail

Postby Kaios » Sat May 29, 2021 7:15 pm

Combat isn't hard, coasting by with better stats and gear than the majority of your targets doesn't make you good at it either. Pit two similarly experienced fighters against each other, one with better stats than the other, and the outcome of the fight will almost always be determined by strength and the chip damage caused by punches and the like as a result of that level of strength. There's a reason why people intentionally avoid hitting someone with parry in a group fight and go for other targets instead, because parry will quickly and easily fuck you up if you're not careful.
Kaios

Postby Apocoreo » Sat May 29, 2021 7:47 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:I rly wish there were more people in this game who weren't content with being literally irrelevant nematodes ppl can step on without even noticing. The world would be a lot more interesting if 98% of you did something more than exist and complain about being helpless

Less complexity, more participation. Mind you, complexity is not inheritably bad.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Ardennesss » Sat May 29, 2021 7:51 pm

Apocoreo wrote:
Ardennesss wrote:http://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/Criminal_Acts

Stop pretending like using the vandalism permissions is some super obscure unpredictable interaction. When you specifically create an area that you plan to allow crimes, these are the things you should consider. And if they don't want to spend the time to think about that, maybe those people shouldn't be running markets.

1. That's not official documentation
2. That page doesn't even say vandalism involves building shit too

eXpLiCtLy DeFiNeD my ass. And yeah, I'd say the mechanics are obscure for literally everyone that hasn't participated in pvp (a surprisingly large population of this game).

I can agree with you on the last point, not here to defend anyone. I just got whiplash from seeing that someone usually so critical of the game was claiming shit was well defined/documented/explained. I mean, criminal acts isn't as bad but can you imagine trying to explain siege mechanics to a new player?
Agree to disagree. I really don't think it's too much to ask that someone who plans to create an area specifically for the purpose of being freely accessible to strangers should also do some basic limit testing when they're laying out the size of each area. If you don't understand the criminal acts system and you're too lazy to just create an alt to see what they can and can't do with certain permissions then you shouldn't be running a market.

Edit - All that said, I do still agree that 'official' in-game documentation would go a long way toward preventing this sort of thing, but I suspect even if they knew vandalism allowed building they still wouldn't have predicted using a mine hole to reset the visitor debuff. Which is why most markets simply don't give that permission out, and for good reason.

Good a time as ever to mention that this is still a thing that is being unused by Jorbar.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Varralien » Sun May 30, 2021 1:51 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:Competency with regard to PVP/raiding/siege has very little to do with how much time you spend playing. If Kasio were to quit his job today and start playing 100 hours/week he'd still get dunked by some aggressive hermit who plays 4 hours/week, because all Kasio would've done in that time is learn to farm carrots a bit better and make his numbers higher. Whatever nematodes do.

The issue is 100% the mentality of the meek always making excuses for why they could never possibly do anything to anybody ever, resulting in them never being able to do anything to anybody ever. How will you ever get good at defending against raids if you never raid somebody? It's, like, pussy behavior to the extreme, and it's exemplified so perfectly by the vast majority of the community. I hate it.

Imagine thinking that someone playing 4hr/ week on their own could fight somebody with 10x their strength and a Q300 B12 lmao. completely delusional

Good luck with that ram drying time with your limited 4 hours btw. It sure is easy just to spend a small amount of time on siege in this game :D
Varralien

Postby springyb » Sun May 30, 2021 8:37 am

Varralien wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:Competency with regard to PVP/raiding/siege has very little to do with how much time you spend playing. If Kasio were to quit his job today and start playing 100 hours/week he'd still get dunked by some aggressive hermit who plays 4 hours/week, because all Kasio would've done in that time is learn to farm carrots a bit better and make his numbers higher. Whatever nematodes do.

Imagine thinking that someone playing 4hr/ week on their own could fight somebody with 10x their strength and a Q300 B12 lmao. completely delusional

Good luck with that ram drying time with your limited 4 hours btw. It sure is easy just to spend a small amount of time on siege in this game :D

You're missing the point entirely. A person who knows what they are doing can play 4 hours a week and still beat someone who doesn't. Buying rage and crafting a boar spear will let you kill 80% of the hearthlings you find, because they simply do not know how to defend themselves. You ever notice how all the threads of "How do I kill boars?" are always answered with how to exploit them instead of actually teaching people how to raise stats, craft quality equipment, and how the combat system works?

You will never have a q300 B12 if you don't know how to get one, play time has little to do with it.

It's honestly something I don't understand, why a game with open PvP and permadeath attracts people who are unwanting to participate in that aspect of the game.
springyb

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot