Stop fucking settling swamps.

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Stop fucking settling swamps.

Postby CryCryBaby » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:45 am

MagicManICT wrote:Seems like we just had this discussion over in How Do i? on a "new world start" a week or two ago....

I bet it's all those non-forum people doing it, and thus this plea for sanity isn't even reaching the proper audience.

My question to you, sir or madam (or whatever your preferred identity is): what you gonna do bout it? Don't just SAY you're going to bust out the battering ram. We want pics!!

My humble hut is quite far from the swamp (1000 tiles), but is raided regularly, just for fun.
I was told that breaking my house and totem is fun, picking up my cabinets is fun, drowning my shit is fun.
Today I will come home from work, tune the client to minimum specifications and launch 50 violas to place them naked in all the swamps in the area. After death, I will inherit and they will stand there again.
Some people can interfere with the progress of others, while others cannot?
CryCryBaby

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:57 am

this is why i kill every hermit near our village nobody to hog up our resources : )
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Gorakil » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:31 pm

:lol:
Attachments
feeel dark side.jpeg
feeel dark side.jpeg (24.48 KiB) Viewed 1152 times
Gorakil

Postby banok » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:37 pm

wonder-ass wrote:this is why i kill every hermit near our village nobody to hog up our resources : )

which makes sense especially if they are adjacent to a swamp, and yet its one of the reasons the game pop wont grow isnt it. I don't think changing the spawn mechanics would help totally but could be a start.

I think they should make the map spawn in essentially 2 or more region types, where type 1 is the new player sprucecap area and all resources would be quality capped so no serious group would want to perminantly settle there. Whereas type 2 requires some migrating to has higher quality resources and generally should be an area where serious groups compete against each other instead of just dominating hermits and casuals in their area.
banok

Postby Zampfeo » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:20 pm

banok wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:this is why i kill every hermit near our village nobody to hog up our resources : )

which makes sense especially if they are adjacent to a swamp, and yet its one of the reasons the game pop wont grow isnt it. I don't think changing the spawn mechanics would help totally but could be a start.

I think they should make the map spawn in essentially 2 or more region types, where type 1 is the new player sprucecap area and all resources would be quality capped so no serious group would want to perminantly settle there. Whereas type 2 requires some migrating to has higher quality resources and generally should be an area where serious groups compete against each other instead of just dominating hermits and casuals in their area.

This is sort of already the case, but instead of quality zones most of the serious groups congregate where there are mountains and swamps nearby. It's not obvious for a sprucecap that they probably shouldn't settle in these areas, though.
Zampfeo

Postby banok » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:47 pm

Zampfeo wrote:
This is sort of already the case, but instead of quality zones most of the serious groups congregate where there are mountains and swamps nearby. It's not obvious for a sprucecap that they probably shouldn't settle in these areas, though.

But more importantly those mountains/swamps are spread fairly evenly across the map, so these serious groups arent currently forced to confront or contest each other. Alot of big villages would wet themselves if they had to fight each other over the best spots rather than bully sprucecaps. I know new realm stuff is meant to be things to contest over, but doubt it helps noobs like what I'm talking about. I think successful sandbox pvp games have to have areas of higher/lower danger that are determined by game mechanics rather than luck on who settles near you.
banok

Postby guterpop » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:15 pm

As a fine spruce cap the 3 swamps I settled near don't seem to have any spawn problems tho you are welcome to come to look.
guterpop

Postby Grecha8 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:16 pm

And at what distance from the swamps can we settle?
So that the candleberrys grow as they should.
Grecha8

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:22 pm

Grecha8 wrote:And at what distance from the swamps can we settle?
So that the candleberrys grow as they should.

Map tiles that are not "within view" of the area the player is in are unloaded after around 15-20 minutes. "Within view" of a player is the map section the player is in and the adjacent sections--a 3x3 area of the game map, or 300x300 map tiles. As long as those tiles remain loaded, nothing on them respawns. Things only respawn when the section of map unloads and then needs to be reloaded later.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby kabuto202 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:41 pm

kabuto202

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot