Stop fucking settling swamps.

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Stop fucking settling swamps.

Postby Massa » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:06 am

CryCryBaby wrote:
MagicManICT wrote:Seems like we just had this discussion over in How Do i? on a "new world start" a week or two ago....

I bet it's all those non-forum people doing it, and thus this plea for sanity isn't even reaching the proper audience.

My question to you, sir or madam (or whatever your preferred identity is): what you gonna do bout it? Don't just SAY you're going to bust out the battering ram. We want pics!!

My humble hut is quite far from the swamp (1000 tiles), but is raided regularly, just for fun.
I was told that breaking my house and totem is fun, picking up my cabinets is fun, drowning my shit is fun.
Today I will come home from work, tune the client to minimum specifications and launch 50 violas to place them naked in all the swamps in the area. After death, I will inherit and they will stand there again.
Some people can interfere with the progress of others, while others cannot?

This is a PvP survival game that has been dominated by unemployed eastern european teenagers who have poopsocked it for over a decade across every possible version of it.
What exactly are you expecting? Being griefed and griefing is the game. You can't come to turd lake and complain about the smell, guy.

This is about spawn mechanics, not player interactions.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby SmackMcBacon » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:16 pm

Hello
I have settled in a swamp
I regret nothing

Stop crying about swamps, find your own swamp
I need those frogs and toads for my studies
Thank you
#SwampLife
SmackMcBacon

Postby jorb » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:23 pm

Is it okay if I just quietly move away, or will you need to verify my new location? :cry:
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby fishbro001 » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:17 pm

jorb wrote:Is it okay if I just quietly move away, or will you need to verify my new location? :cry:

Jorb thank you for this game, and thanks for keeping it free. Very cool.
fishbro001

Postby Massa » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:15 am

SmackMcBacon wrote:Hello
I have settled in a swamp
I regret nothing

Stop crying about swamps, find your own swamp
I need those frogs and toads for my studies
Thank you
#SwampLife

The problem with settling in a swamp is that it keeps it permanently spawned, ensuring there is never anything fresh in it.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Vigilance » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:09 am

jorb wrote:Is it okay if I just quietly move away, or will you need to verify my new location? :cry:

I'm coming for you, beaniebaby.
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby SmackMcBacon » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:44 pm

Massa wrote:The problem with settling in a swamp is that it keeps it permanently spawned, ensuring there is never anything fresh in it.

But this only happens if you keep the area 'loaded' and always stay in your base right?
Everytime i log out or leave to explore the wonderful hearthlands (or even staying in my log cabin for some time), after there is always a fresh spawn of berries, bugs etc.

What causes it to be permanent? What am I missing :geek:
SmackMcBacon

Postby Ysh » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:24 pm

I swear I see this same thread word for word 2 year ago.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Massa » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:35 pm

SmackMcBacon wrote:
Massa wrote:The problem with settling in a swamp is that it keeps it permanently spawned, ensuring there is never anything fresh in it.

But this only happens if you keep the area 'loaded' and always stay in your base right?
Everytime i log out or leave to explore the wonderful hearthlands (or even staying in my log cabin for some time), after there is always a fresh spawn of berries, bugs etc.

What causes it to be permanent? What am I missing :geek:

You got it. Staying within render distance of a swamp keeps it rendered. So, you fuck over yourself and everyone else in said swamp.
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby overtyped » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:44 pm

Bob Dole never knew this was an issue, although he hasn't settled on a swamp, but, knowing you are near one makes Bob Dole want to kill all swamp hermits just in case he nails the right one.
Bob Dole, world first Whale Killer! viewtopic.php?f=80&t=75087
overtyped

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot