Viginaltes or Mercenaries Needed

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Viginaltes or Mercenaries Needed

Postby Morrighan » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:00 pm

LOL! I'm not upset. I'm not bad at this game or I would have quit years ago. If new players are literally blame shamed and bullied constantly, very few will stay or try again and there will never be any growth. Not really a rant, just pointing out the obvious. It doesn't matter what level a player is, if they're swarmed very few at this early stage can survive it. You can not just hearth away from a gang attack.

If rage wasn't available for the first X amount of time only the worst and most behind players, as well as the latest joiners would be vulnerable and this sounds pretty unfair and silly to me. Be grateful that you lost characters who were still relatively new, it will be easy to start again and learn from your mistakes.

I don't think this is necessarily true. late joiners would be more vulnerable certainly but it seems that after the first 2 months of a new world we loose almost half of the players anyway. This has been pretty consistent across all worlds I have played. It seems to drop right off once players that have stayed have a solid base to play from and are harder to snipe. I just wondered how interesting it would be to see who actually sticks around to play if the bullying element is removed for the first 6 weeks. We would probably have a bit lower population start but possibly a higher retention overall.
Morrighan

Postby meus » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:19 am

Morrighan wrote:Look here Fuzz Nuts when you have 4 or 5 guys attacking you at once you have no chance to hearth at KO. Really annoys me when peeps such as yourself come along and try to shame/blame newbs in the game because they literally are just learning it. Perhaps jackasses should learn not to be twats to everyone they meet. Better yet, how interesting would Haven be if in the first 6 weeks of the game no one can buy/use rage or other negative things against other hearthlings to give everyone a fair chance at a World Start. Instead of waving epeens around and sniping newbs they'd actually have to put in some effort.

Morrighan wrote:I just wondered how interesting it would be to see who actually sticks around to play if the bullying element is removed for the first 6 weeks.

This is not about "shaming newbs" and noone is implying it except you and OP. People here are trying to help with valid advice.

What you call "bullying noobs" is not reserved to "newbs", nor to "bullies". It is not some kind of a special "welcome to reality". It is one group trying to establish control over an area, while another one is trying the same. Both are mutually exclusive.

Why even call the people "noobs" and imply shame?
I would call them by their real name:
  • a smaller in numbers
  • less experienced and less prepared
  • less organized
  • less aggressive
  • less motivated
  • group of underdeveloped characters
  • without any pvp-enabling skills/stats/equipment/strategy
  • and without a solid base defense.

They are trying to shoo away another group:
  • a larger in numbers
  • more experienced and more prepared
  • definitely way more organized
  • and more aggressive
  • and more motivated
  • group of better developed characters
  • with all the right pvp-enabling skills/stats/equipment/strategy
  • and with a solid base defense.

It becomes obvious after you look at it, that the weaker group can do nothing to force the stronger group away.

Any kind of telling them "oh how harsh it is, but keep trying" is just throwing dust in their eyes. Same with "jackasses will learn and become better people". It is a part of the game, and a major one. One might also want to read the manifesto: "Developer Thoughts on PvP" viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44710

So guys, you have to move away.
meus

Postby Zampfeo » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:37 pm

Morrighan wrote:Look here Fuzz Nuts when you have 4 or 5 guys attacking you at once you have no chance to hearth at KO. Really annoys me when peeps such as yourself come along and try to shame/blame newbs in the game because they literally are just learning it. Perhaps jackasses should learn not to be twats to everyone they meet. Better yet, how interesting would Haven be if in the first 6 weeks of the game no one can buy/use rage or other negative things against other hearthlings to give everyone a fair chance at a World Start. Instead of waving epeens around and sniping newbs they'd actually have to put in some effort.

It doesn't matter how many people attack you. It's only the knock out hit that applies grievous damage. Though, we're at the point where some people have enough strength to kill outright a freshspawn with 10 con. The main concern is a single high strength character, not a group.

ogey wrote:Honestly, it might be better to just move. If those guys have a palisade up there is no way someone is going to waste their time and materials building a battering ram to avenge some sprucecaps.

This. Unfortunately, with the way the game works currently, you are a sitting duck until your claim dries, your hides dry, your leather tans, and your palisade dries(a process that takes like 4 days). Then, suddenly, you become impenetrable to anyone who doesn't have 24 rl hours to defend a battering ram. This makes it difficult for sprucecaps to get a footing and unrealistic to seek revenge against griefers. The best strategy is to just move and hope the area is more friendly.
Zampfeo

Postby Ardennesss » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:41 pm

In this thread: Tons of pvp misinformation about how wounds and KO mechanics work.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby gabs » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:31 pm

titsmeow wrote:thats my groups claim, (picture was removed) we are the ones getting killed but none of us have rage. there are 4 of us thats it. i dont know who you are but please pm me so we can sort this out.

this is the hat raiders who literally tired to kill me minutes before posting this..
please respond to the private message

Hi guys, could some of the attackers be so kind to share with me the location of this bitch?
I want some of her blood too.

Tks
gabs

Postby yeahok » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:45 pm

titsmeow wrote:thats my groups claim, (picture was removed) we are the ones getting killed but none of us have rage. there are 4 of us thats it. i dont know who you are but please pm me so we can sort this out.

this is the hat raiders who literally tired to kill me minutes before posting this..
please respond to the private message

Hey, Moiraine here. Looks like you're finally getting what you deserve. Suffer.
yeahok

Postby Schwarzvald » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:12 am

To see simple peasants be abused in such a way.. This weighs heavily on my heart..

As the spokesmen of CoG I'd be willing to offer you protection under our banners. In return I'd have you work our fields and manage our dirt stockpiles; Any worms you dig up are yours for sustenance and you're welcome to forage the local wilds for insects and larvae. Show that you're a hardworker and we'll even allow some berries within your daily ration.

Let me know;
Sincerely, City of Gars - Lawspeaker.
Schwarzvald

Postby Lightning2 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:37 pm

Schwarzvald wrote:To see simple peasants be abused in such a way.. This weighs heavily on my heart..

As the spokesmen of CoG I'd be willing to offer you protection under our banners. In return I'd have you work our fields and manage our dirt stockpiles; Any worms you dig up are yours for sustenance and you're welcome to forage the local wilds for insects and larvae. Show that you're a hardworker and we'll even allow some berries within your daily ration.

Let me know;
Sincerely, City of Gars - Lawspeaker.

Can I be your peasant too
Lightning2

Postby titsmeow » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:14 pm

gabs wrote:Hi guys, could some of the attackers be so kind to share with me the location of this bitch?
I want some of her blood too.

Tks

again not your attackrs, there is a group in the area claiming to be with shubla (unsure of the truth of this).
Thats who almost killed 2 of us and got mad at our visitor gates.
but feel free to PM me any time! i know you wont
titsmeow

Postby mattgravy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:12 pm

IMO the best thing to do is either travel a couple hours away or make new chars and set up shop somewhere else or maybe ask a bigger village on the forum to take your in or a willing hermit to summon one of your new chars near them if they live in a quiet peaceful area. I know its annoying but its early game and the population is higher compared to mid/late game world your other option is to stop playing for a few months an come back when the worlds settle a bit and/or friendly/cooperative realms some cropping up in your area who may offer protection.
World 7-8: Hermit
World 9: Traveling Hermit
World 10: Lawspeaker of Waterdeep (NK) And Hermit (HH)
World 11: Lawspeaker of Scrublands (HH)
World 12-13: Hermit
World 14: Leader of a small band of merry men
World 15: Hermit
mattgravy

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot