Will this game ...

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Will this game ...

Postby Apocoreo » Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:06 pm

PSA: If you're reading this, you're a nerd and therefore weak irl :lol:

Just some perspective. Maybe a better new player experience before tHe StRoNg inevitably kick everyone's asses isn't too much to ask.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby abt79 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:59 pm

>has been playing the game for a decade
>still hasnt gotten gud

lole
abt79

Postby redking36 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:35 am

sircamel wrote:
razfen wrote:The weak will always be at the mercy of the strong.

You are literally writing this as a semi-intelligent person on a burning planet destroyed by nonsense employment. Inhabited by billions of impoverished people. Your very biosphere and society are collapsing and global panic will set in very soon.

But little "razfen" is posting big words on a forum of a virtual game world.

You deserve a medal for your intellectual capacity and your sense of existential humor. :P

Just an interesting observation from a person that loves to observe subcultures. ;-)

Sir, this is a Wendy's.
redking36

Postby redking36 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:37 am

I've been playing for a few worlds and I've never been killed. I've always been a sprucecap, always been a hermit. Every time I see somebody, I see hi and they've all been nice to me. Maybe you're unlucky, or maybe I've just been lucky. I'm not sure which.
redking36

Postby fishbro001 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:55 pm

I always walk up to random bases secretly hoping they would kill me
They never do though I live in a good spot with great neighbors.
fishbro001

Postby Vassteel » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:43 am

sircamel wrote:

You are literally writing this as a semi-intelligent person on a burning planet destroyed by nonsense employment. Inhabited by billions of impoverished people. Your very biosphere and society are collapsing and global panic will set in very soon.

You deserve a medal for your intellectual capacity and your sense of existential humor. :P

Just an interesting observation from a person that loves to observe subcultures. ;-)

fake news climate alarmism is bs its a natural cycle.
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby Roxaereon » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:12 am

sircamel wrote:

It's always the damn pseudo-intellectuals. Then if you're looking for a game that takes care of you every step of the way, give you free stuff you don't have to work for, then look for some other game lmao.
World 10 - Villager - STK
World 11 - Lawspeaker - Krysaro
World 12 - Lawspeaker - Neimrahava
Roxaereon

Postby Varralien » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:46 pm

I think its a fair complaint as a new player if you get killed wandering by a base (that was previously undiscovered it looks like by the map tiles.)

Typing edgy posts to new players about how "the weak are at the mercy of the strong" when the guy was killed by something basically outside of his control (walking into an undiscovered map tile) is typical of the forums though.

I think the random sprucecap killing is a lame part of the game but you likely just got unlucky. In my experience most people are pretty nice neighbours.

If you see a big base its probably a good idea to avoid it from then on since the people who live in them often have nothing better to do than kill for no personal benefit, there is nothing you can do if you randomly wander into one for the first time and get ganked though.

Note:
If you want to keep playing this world i would recommend trying to escape the central continent, if you are on there. I'm in a seemingly pretty peaceful area and i've heard that the middle is basically the thunderdome for all the big villages. You might have a bit more fun if you spend time figuring out where you are on the world map and try to get away from the center.
Varralien

Postby kmarad » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:08 pm

That kind of topic name totally justifies your murder or whatever happened to you. didn't read.
kmarad

Postby Sevenless » Sat May 01, 2021 4:59 pm

sircamel wrote:

Seems apt in that case doesn't it?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot