Bone Mother's Market

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Bone Mother's Market

Postby Lightning2 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:04 pm

Potjeh wrote:LOL @ all the people pretending combat system has actual depth. It's a simple stat/quality comparison, and whoever has higher numbers wins by default.

Actually has some depth
Lightning2

Postby loskierek » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:21 pm

Potjeh wrote:LOL @ all the people pretending combat system has actual depth. It's a simple stat/quality comparison, and whoever has higher numbers wins by default.

are you telling me that a group of 10 noobs with higher stats would beat a group of 10 dedicated pvpers solely based on the fact they have higher stats?
loskierek

Postby BigCountry » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:27 am

If the 10 dedicated pvpers had low stat/q comparison absolutely. That was kind of his point :D
BigCountry

Postby Sephiron » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:17 pm

loskierek wrote:

are you telling me that a group of 10 noobs with higher stats would beat a group of 10 dedicated pvpers solely based on the fact they have higher stats?

Are you telling me I can kill anything with only 1UA so long as I'm good at combat?
Sephiron

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:24 pm

yes for the 1% that actually knows how to pvp, for the other 99% you'd get stomped regardless of gear and stats.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby magisticus » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:47 pm

wonder-ass wrote:

yes for the 1% that actually knows how to pvp, for the other 99% you'd get stomped regardless of gear and stats.

The 1% who 'know how to pvp' being the ones that roam around in packs of players with four digit combat stats and best q gear killing noobs and run away whenever they are outnumbered and someway manage to maintain their dopamine levels based soley in this for 10 years of doing the same thing on the same game ?

trinh wrote:I know, this post is 6y old, and still not accurate with wannabe "forum drama and perma death" game leaders whose are slowly drifting away from harsh death from legacy anyway cause 90% players are not enjoying shit caused by max 10%.
BG have Flaming Fist, EVE has Concord to protect weaker.

You can do literally shit against 99% of griefers as casual player, while bunch of players have fun at cost of other.
pvp is invalid as balance argument.

BM was nice place for trading stuff with option for some socializing, pushing credos forward.
We can't have nice things.

Keep pvp realm thing, fighthing over cairns, thingwalls whatever :evil:

The main problem with pvp is that characters are, for the normal human with a job/life/gf, too valuable to risk because of the time and effort put into them while for others they can easily be replaced. In a way the risk of losing something that you have put a huge amount of effort into adds enjoyment to the game but it is problematic that it makes no sense to risk that for a few seconds of playing another aspect of the game. To get more pvp, risk of death either has to be non-existant or quality and stat progression needs to be capped so that characters are less valuable. For realism it doesn't to me make sense that one hearthling could have say 10 times the strength of another hearthling anyway.

I'm pretty sure the devs are hard set on not capping quality and stat progression which has been suggested before anyway but the other thing that could potentially resolve is the need to reset the world periodically. They have gone halfway to getting rid of permadeath anyway although that was one of the distinguishing features of the game in the early years.

Personally I would prefer a quality system that tended towards a perfect stat, ie as a percentage rather than a never-ending progression with no top end.

Another way to make pvp-ers and pve-ers able to exist together might be to have pvp/seige windows dependant on thingwalls akin to how kingdom expansion now works except with a larger, perhaps 50% window outside which time hearthlings entering the thingwall's area would have a debuff preventing them from fighting. Trouble is with this of course that the game presents, as the devs have pointed out, other ways to grief players than pvp.
magisticus

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:19 pm

absolute defeatist mindset lmao. u get like 80% of your stats back when u die and the top statted characters early world were all people that had active jobs. somehow u guys convince yourselves its the game keeping you down every wipe and then face the harsh reality that ur just shit at the game when i beat ur ass with my 30 str cockslapper.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Apocoreo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:06 pm

wonder-ass wrote:-snip-

make or link pvp guide plz
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Baba_Ji » Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:00 am

springyb wrote:I've also built a mountain

Pictures you lying sack of crap
Baba_Ji

Postby NeoBasilisk » Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:15 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:haha my kiwifarms thread is pinned in the haven discord you guys should consider contributing to it

everything makes so much sense now
zoomer that was born too late to appreciate the old internet desperately longing for a bygone era
NeoBasilisk

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot