Do 'factions' really need all these crazy bonuses?

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Do 'factions' really need all these crazy bonuses?

Postby VDZ » Wed May 26, 2021 12:50 am

The_Lich_King wrote:Also this thread, i do not understand. Literally every single person in that factions borders gets those bonuses so just settle on Faction land if you want, or wait for factions to catch up to you.

Yeah, just settle right next to the people that will punch you in the face and loot you dry the moment you set foot outside of your palisade.
VDZ

Postby Zampfeo » Wed May 26, 2021 4:01 pm

MightySheep wrote:everyone gets the bonus and the realm owners has to pay all the cost to make them, not sure how thats somehow unfair

Realms shouldn't be forced to share the buffs they alone worked for.

But also, win more mechanics are pretty bad game design.
Zampfeo

Postby ogey » Wed May 26, 2021 4:13 pm

Zampfeo wrote:
MightySheep wrote:everyone gets the bonus and the realm owners has to pay all the cost to make them, not sure how thats somehow unfair

I think the idea was that the buffs would attract people to your realm which would in turn provide you with more experience to get more buffs and thus also give you an incentive to defend the villages within your borders. In practice, people get bored of prosperity and go on murder sprees.
ogey

Postby Zampfeo » Wed May 26, 2021 4:25 pm

ogey wrote:
Zampfeo wrote:

I think the idea was that the buffs would attract people to your realm which would in turn provide you with more experience to get more buffs and thus also give you an incentive to defend the villages within your borders. In practice, people get bored of prosperity and go on murder sprees.

It's a fine idea, but implementing it in a non-exploitable way is difficult. Consider a faction realm likely has 30+ members generating XP. That's a lot of XP alone. So, the amount of XP generated by a hermit in the realm is relatively low and there's no real point in keeping them around. It's better to instead murder said hermit so either a) they leave and don't get in the way of faction plans or b) give you a fancy merchant robe as loot.

You may suggest that the main faction village not count towards realm XP, but then the realm would just be created under a zombie village and the main faction village would be a separate entity.

This is all assuming XP generated via realms is a significant reward, which it is not at the moment AFAIK.
Zampfeo

Postby Nightdawg » Wed May 26, 2021 7:52 pm

if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Sevenless » Fri May 28, 2021 6:32 pm

Zampfeo wrote:It's a fine idea, but implementing it in a non-exploitable way is difficult. Consider a faction realm likely has 30+ members generating XP. That's a lot of XP alone. So, the amount of XP generated by a hermit in the realm is relatively low and there's no real point in keeping them around. It's better to instead murder said hermit so either a) they leave and don't get in the way of faction plans or b) give you a fancy merchant robe as loot.

You may suggest that the main faction village not count towards realm XP, but then the realm would just be created under a zombie village and the main faction village would be a separate entity.

This is all assuming XP generated via realms is a significant reward, which it is not at the moment AFAIK.

Yup. Neat concept, admirable intentions, didn't work. I don't think it really ruined the game or anything. It definitely organized faction pvp a bit. But it didn't change how factions interact with normal players more or less at all.

Shame, I had an idea more or less like this and clearly didn't see the impending "competitive haven players manage to ruin everything for themselves" effect of it.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby Noogia » Sat May 29, 2021 8:09 pm

The only problem I have is with the injuries you get from players, annoying blade kiss and having to use stitch patch and wait months for a full healed character. Ugh
Noogia

Postby The_Lich_King » Sun May 30, 2021 8:57 pm

Noogia wrote:The only problem I have is with the injuries you get from players, annoying blade kiss and having to use stitch patch and wait months for a full healed character. Ugh

why not use gauze for blade kiss?
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Codemanny » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:44 am

I quit after the first death each world too but not salty. I just realize every world I’m playing for a good time not a long time. If the long time happens then that’s great!

I’ve never even had a developed hearthling murdered by another player. I always end up dying to tougher animals... W12 death was wolves in the woods when I let my attention drift for a little too long while foraging. Lol. You should’ve seen my face.

I think the realm bonuses are fair. This game requires an immense amount of time effort and teamwork to make it happen. It should be rewarded appropriately.
Codemanny

Postby WowGain » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:21 am

Codemanny wrote:I quit after the first death each world

bruh
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot