Gabriola Island is Burning: Hasn't Reached the Ground Yet

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Gabriola Island is Burning: Hasn't Reached the Ground Yet

Postby jordancoles » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:42 am

*taken from my Discord server

Sorry I've been MIA a few days, I've just been busy getting sieged lol.
Basically I KO'd Dante's crafter outside and stole their q408 axe among other things.

They sieged me 3 different times. :lol: It started when I noticed a pclaim on my lvl 1 that I hadn't placed. My lvl 1 was previously disconnected from the mainland so I knew something was fucky.

I followed their tunnel down and found a minehole at the end, built in a house cellar on an island SW of mine.

I bashed the minehole and the house with my miner.

Afterwards I went back down to the lvl 1 and blocked the area below so that they couldn't try again.

The island they used

Well they didn't like that I did that, so the real siege began. And they started with attempting to bug jump me. :roll:

They thought that if they blocked around the thingwall they could port over my gates. I messaged Loftar about it, and asked if they could do this/if it's allowed and he said this.

And then he was sitting there, invisible, watching them to see if they could get in :lol:

So the teleport blocking didn't work out for them, and Loftar left.

They then made some catapults, a battering ram and a minehole to my lvl 1.

I made counter siege equipment. 2 archery towers and 2 catapults in my bubbled off area. Sadly my tile RNG for the towers sucked and I got bad rolls for how far they could shoot.

One of my towers missed their siege equipment by like half a tile, so I was kinda fucked. They catapulted my catas and removed my towers. It's sort of stupid because archery towers/catas have a base shoot range, but when you craft it a dice roll happens where you can shoot further or less. If you get a bad roll with an archery tower's range, you can't destroy it either. It turns to rubble which doesn't allow you to build on it again for like 24h. So I ran out of space to place countersiege. And the ones I did place couldn't reach with their shots.

I started emptying my base through the mines while these nerds boated around the island for 6+h.

They KO'd some alts that I was using to delete things inside of their boats :)

Lots of faction bois for this little hermit. I had to move out my whale skull collection, which sucked a ton btw. You can only move them/port them 1 at a time and they can't be put into object storage.

At one point they only had 1 guy guarding the top of the island, so I managed to save all of my snekkjas and everything of value that I had. Before they broke into the main base, I moved my outlawed characters to another palisade, wondering if they would 24h siege again. And they did.

Within a few hours more catapults and another ram was built outside of my little hearthvault.

I decided to kill my main with my miner and my miner with a lobster by picking it up and dropping it over and over. This prevented them from denying me a full burial and from getting my skulls.

Also, before killing my miner I snuck out and completed hunter credo mid-siege :lol:

This was my main's statsheet. Hermit btw

Oh, and before they started raiding me I noticed Dante fucked up one of his buy offers at his market.

He's buying pelican beaks for 10 each on this listing so I unloaded like 20+ beaks onto him and got some good shit the same day I KO'd their crafter for the 408 axe :lol: So I get why he's kinda pist.

Some of the stuff I bought for pennies

They salted my base, but I think I still came out with more

RIP Gabriola Island, it had a good run, and I accomplished all that I wanted to do as a hermit.
Last edited by jordancoles on Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Re: Gabriola Island is Burning: Hasn't Reached the Ground Ye

Postby jordancoles » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:43 am

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby ZamAlex » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:54 am

tl;dr
jordancoles wrote:Basically I KO'd Dante's crafter outside and stole their q408 axe among other things.

And lose your base for that. Congratulation!
ZamAlex

Postby jordancoles » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:56 am

ZamAlex wrote:tl;dr
jordancoles wrote:Basically I KO'd Dante's crafter outside and stole their q408 axe among other things.

And lose your base for that. Congratulation!

One of my bases*

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby rye130 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:57 am

I'd rather have a q408 axe than that island.
rye130

Postby jordancoles » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:00 am

rye130 wrote:I'd rather have a q408 axe than that island.

My old axe was q256 and I'm pretty sure to make that 408 axe they would've had to use q600+ chasm conch stones which are pretty far out of my reach in themselves, not to mention the branch q needed as well. Good trade imo, yeah :ugeek:

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby CaveHermit » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:05 am

jordancoles wrote:They salted my base, but I think I still came out with more

Base u build for whole world... For 408ql axe... Wanna hql saw for next ur village? Retard XD
CaveHermit

Postby BigCountry » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:10 am

rye130 wrote:I'd rather have a q408 axe than that island.

+1

Awesome thread man. You accomplished more as a hermit than most groups do.

If you want someone to play with/rebuild I've got a pretty good spot :D
BigCountry

Postby jordancoles » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:16 am

CaveHermit wrote:

Base u build for whole world... For 408ql axe... Wanna hql saw for next ur village? Retard XD

You and I value palisades and houses differently by the sounds of it. I can build those anywhere and with any character. If you know of a spot that offers q400+ tools for base q wood blocks lmk

Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby CaveHermit » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:20 am

jordancoles wrote:
CaveHermit wrote:

You and I value palisades and houses differently by the sounds of it. I can build those anywhere and with any character. If you know of a spot that offers q400+ tools for base q wood blocks lmk

pmd me ill give u 350ql saw for next ur village np
CaveHermit

Next

Return to The Moot