Gabriola Island is Burning: Hasn't Reached the Ground Yet

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Gabriola Island is Burning: Hasn't Reached the Ground Ye

Postby Regnurr » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:48 pm

azrid wrote:
banok wrote:Tldr: hermits can be worthy targets for sieges by groups

In a world where all the big bois are allied who else are you going to siege but a humble fisherman who is living on an island with his wife.

Apparently some rando who lives next to them when you lose your axe you priced for 50 Bux on the market place.

Holy shit this thread was good. Yeah, he came out profiting from that, even today if you check the markets a 400Q axe is on the upper end of what people are selling for, though it's been long enough it got a lot cheaper.

Realistically he ported everything of any time value away before they got to him, all he lost was build mats for the stuff on the island. It's kinda sad actually, that whole discussion on the axe being meaningless in value and the P2W aspects being ignored just goes to show that snail is a consistent clown on these arguments.

The real mistake here was that they risked anything in the first place when they could have just not been afk with gear of any value. It's almost their own fault they got robbed, but eh, can't blame the victim for being robbed after all, it was Coles who decided to grope them.
Regnurr

Postby azrid » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:30 am

I personally wouldn't trade a high quality tool for any base I have built this world even the shitty ones.
You can live and compete without the top q stuff.
The success or fail of this siege is all about perspective though. Im sure some people are lying to themselves just so they can cope with their loss.
azrid

Postby jordancoles » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:00 pm

azrid wrote:I personally wouldn't trade a high quality tool for any base I have built this world even the shitty ones.
The success or fail of this siege is all about perspective though. Im sure some people are lying to themselves just so they can cope with their loss.

I quickly doubled the stats that I had when I killed my character and I use the 408 axe nearly every day, so from my perspective, it was a good trade. If you want to pretend that I've been weeping into my pillow since the raid feel free, but in reality I have zero regrets.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby azrid » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:29 pm

jordancoles wrote:If you want to pretend that I've been weeping into my pillow since the raid feel free, but in reality I have zero regrets.

I didn't think you are lying to yourself chill.
azrid

Postby Regnurr » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:48 pm

azrid wrote:I personally wouldn't trade a high quality tool for any base I have built this world even the shitty ones.

You personally wouldn't, I would build a base for someone if I could skip months of quality grind. What do you even do when you have the base? You grind quality, if you can just trade the base to skip the grind that comes after, you are saving yourself months of time getting ahead.

It's not like he only got an axe out of it either, that was a nice treeplanter pot he got off the pelican pouches. I'd love to have myself a quality tree planter pot, hell, I'd trade the base I just palisaded up now for a pot of that quality, why? Because it'd only take me a day irl at most to remake a new base and I'd get the luxury of finding an even better clay node for myself or something.

It's almost like people arguing against getting the high Q tool don't even play the game or know how the progression of the game works.

I have no idea how long it'd take to grow a tree of 300Q + but the creation of a stone axe requires almost all of your softcaps intersecting and essentially represents a pretty good culmination of your factions / hermit's combined crafting ability. First tool in the game to make, but represents a lot.

All he needs is a good herb table and he's fukken set.
Regnurr

Postby mulamishne » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:21 am

Regnurr wrote:It's almost like people arguing against getting the high Q tool don't even play the game or know how the progression of the game works.

I have no idea how long it'd take to grow a tree of 300Q + but the creation of a stone axe requires almost all of your softcaps intersecting and essentially represents a pretty good culmination of your factions / hermit's combined crafting ability. First tool in the game to make, but represents a lot.

People understand how progression works, but noobs are blinded by numbers bigger than 100.

This axe was made when wood quality was like 180, not 300.

Top axe quality (which he didn't get) has increased about 50-80 quality since this.

Consider that the cost wasn't just his little island base either. He drowned his character, pissed off the biggest russian zerg in the game, and can't stream Haven without getting sniped anymore.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby Regnurr » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:57 am

mulamishne wrote:
Regnurr wrote:It's almost like people arguing against getting the high Q tool don't even play the game or know how the progression of the game works.

can't stream Haven without getting sniped anymore.

That's true of any streamer though, being stream sniped in a PvP game that heavily incentivizes lack of awareness as an advantage to you as a hermit is just normal. In Haven it at least takes some guesswork compared to others, but not much. As for whether he profited from this, apparently so, considering he has the LP / FEPs back now and has better tools after the fact. I doubt people haven't been looking for Coles forever since he has always been kinda griefy (see Snekja bashing for fun).

On the other side of the argument; it was inevitable that they'd end up getting into conflict with someone bigger eventually, that's just how it goes when you are slamming random people in their boats and finding out that this one was kinda important. If you regularly acted like a bandit, would you personally not expect to have to lose your base some day?
Regnurr

Postby jordancoles » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:01 am

mulamishne wrote:and can't stream Haven without getting sniped anymore.

Not sure where you've been but I was getting stream sniped on day 1 before any of this happened :roll:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Apocoreo » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:55 pm

Imagine trying to impose hard win/loss values on a sandbox
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby mulamishne » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:08 pm

jordancoles wrote:
mulamishne wrote:and can't stream Haven without getting sniped anymore.

Not sure where you've been but I was getting stream sniped on day 1 before any of this happened :roll:

Yes, and we nearly killed you. But it wasn't worth sieging your base down, despite the fact that everyone knew where it was. The difference now is if you show an inkling of where you live Dante's dudes are gonna roll up on it to siege so even VODs are kinda fucky.

Could do mining streams?

EDIT: Maybe Monke can help anti-siege for you next time, but this whole things kinda gross.
Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot